OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

bsa sweet 22 39.95

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: bsa sweet 22 39.95
    Posted: December/29/2009 at 10:31
i was looking for a cheap 22 scope saw the bsa sweet 22. is anything better out there for less than 150 ?
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2009 at 10:40
I have the sweet 223 on an ar while I wait for a SS mount to use with my fixed 10x scope and it performs well.  There are better scopes out there for less 150.  Bushnell has their 22 scope as well as the banner line that would be a step up from the 22 line.  Several other brands out there that I am sure folks will chime in on.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2009 at 10:57
I have a Sweet 22.  It is certainly not the best scope around, but for the price it "ain't bad".  Glass is only average at best.  At 18x it gets pretty "dark" and has some image fuzziness.  I shoot mainly between 6x and 10x, occasionally 12x.  The BDC works very well with my 10/22 shooting 40gr Remington Express.  Back in the spring, I shot a crow at 96 yards with the BDC dialed to 100.  I have a couple of steel targets that I arrange at different distances for practice and I ding them all the way out to 150 yards,  which as far as I will ever have to shoot it around here.  I like the features, but wish for better optics.  It didn't cost much, so it has been well worth what I paid for it.  If you can get one for 39.95, that is a pretty darn good deal.  YES, there are better scope for under $150, but  the Sweet 22, at least mine, is worth more than the price.  
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
diggler1833 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggler1833 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2009 at 20:11
I've broken a couple of BSA's, a sweet 22, and a Contender.  I've also broken a Bushnell Banner.  All of those were broken on a .22.  Next time I'm going with either an expensive scope, or a cheaper one with some sort of reticle that I can use for hold overs besides a mildot (something I won't have to make adjustments to).
cowski View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cowski Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/18/2010 at 18:28
scope arrived today 39.95 plus 8 dollars shipping .swfa did a good job packing it because the outside box was torn and beat up but  the inside looked good.let you know how a 40$ scope shoots. 
never corner something meaner than you are jbc
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic