OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Weather Report
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

flooding

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flooding
    Posted: January/22/2010 at 20:58
Kirk and all you Kaliforniaites... how are you holding up?  Testing at Yuma is halted until sometime next week due to flooding.  

Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2010 at 21:31
This is the first "real" winter we've had in awhile which is great for so many reasons.  Thunbs Up

Edited by mike650 - January/22/2010 at 21:33
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/22/2010 at 22:54
its 31 degrees here and raining like crazy im so pissed right now
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 00:42
I still alive lol Nothing was hurt at my house. I was all for the rain we really needed it but the people who live in the foothills near the recent burn areas are the ones I am praying for
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 07:30
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Pyro, you guys have any snow left?  Most of ours is gone and we're hitting mid to upper 40's this weekend.  Strange weather.
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 08:24
Hey KB They showed a F-2 Tornado came across Huntsville yesterday, Thats not very far from you is it?
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 08:55
How are things up by Sierra Madre? I lived there an Monrovia up in the foothills. Woke up one morning about 3:45am cause I though the sun was coming up, pulled the curtains back to look outside and woke my wife up, it was time to leave. The whole hillside was on fire.   LOL!
We laugh about it now but it wasn't funny at the time.
I'll put them folk in our prayers.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
billyburl2 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 09:49
We got some localized flooding here, too. But I was in Flagstaff all week workin. And absolutely covered up in SNOW!! The week total was probably right around 40". It is much needed around here, just a pain for this desert rat to drive in. 
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 10:33
MAn, I feel left out!  Its beautiful out right now, blue skies in the mid 40s and warming.
Rain tomorrow.,..
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 10:34
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Hey KB They showed a F-2 Tornado came across Huntsville yesterday, Thats not very far from you is it?

Missed me by quite a few miles.  I used the back roads to get home, it came right across my normal route...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
trigger29 View Drop Down
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 11:19
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

Pyro, you guys have any snow left?  Most of ours is gone and we're hitting mid to upper 40's this weekend.  Strange weather.
That's crazy. We still have about 16" on the ground. A little less in some places, lots more in the drifts. If we get a big rain, we will be a flood zone though.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 11:58
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

I still alive lol Nothing was hurt at my house. I was all for the rain we really needed it but the people who live in the foothills near the recent burn areas are the ones I am praying for

Good to hear your OK Kirk!!

It's sad but.... if we don't get plenty of rain, at least here in Northern California, Southern California would be in serious trouble. The past few years Lakes Shasta and Oroville have been drained down to 20% (and lower) mostly due to Southern Cali. A couple years of "real drought".... water wars would escalate and who knows what would happen next.
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 11:58
Then the bordering states could INVADE Kalifornia.  It could become a very nice place to be, again...

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 12:08
I like the "dividing it into two states" plan. From what I understand, they tried twice but the outbreak of two wars derailed the plans each time.

I wouldn't mind being invaded by Arizona or Nevada. Oregon has too many Cali transplants. Big Smile

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 12:09
it was ugly here it rained all damn night, its finally turned to snow as of an hour ago. everything was a skating rink here this morning.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 12:11
Originally posted by mike650 mike650 wrote:

It's sad but.... if we don't get plenty of rain, at least here in Northern California, Southern California would be in serious trouble. The past few years Lakes Shasta and Oroville have been drained down to 20% (and lower) mostly due to Southern Cali. A couple years of "real drought".... water wars would escalate and who knows what would happen next.
Yeah like Beverly Hellyuns would have toi stop filling their pools and watering their estates!! Shocked

Edited by budperm - January/23/2010 at 12:12
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 12:18
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Yeah like Beverly Hellyuns would have toi stop filling their pools and watering their estates!! Shocked

Exactly.... many years ago during the serious drought years we had mandatory water rationing up North but not down South.... Loco

Look up Mono Lake sometime.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 12:27

it was ugly here it rained all damn night, its finally turned to snow as of an hour ago. everything was a skating rink here this morning.
Whoops I was thinking that the ground temp would keep everything from freezing if your @ 31° guess not!  Bummer!  Dont't get ice very often do you?
--Thomas Jefferson

Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 12:30

Exactly.... many years ago during the serious drought years we had mandatory water rationing up North but not down South.... Loco

Look up Mono Lake sometime.

I used to fly in there a lot.  I really liked that place.  I saw all the piled up seagull chicks from when they almost destroyed it.  Flew in one day during "cleanup".  Very depressing...

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/23/2010 at 12:31

Whoops I was thinking that the ground temp would keep everything from freezing if your @ 31° guess not!  Bummer!  Dont't get ice very often do you?

i would equate it to people in florida having frozen water lines. my truck was a sheet of ice. i thought i was going to fall off of my porch, its got like 4 steps to the ground, the only safe place to walk was in the deepest snow you could find.

my brother in law has a  54 hudson super wasp that is going to restore, he built a lean-to to keep it out of the rain etc. and the weight of the snow and the rain collapsed it this morning so we had to shovel all of the snow off the roof and then lift the roof off of the car. thank god that car was built in the 50's, it dimpled the roof a little, but he crawled in the front seat and pushed it back out. the trees are all bent funky and im really surprised we still have power and havent been called to any car wrecks knock on woodWhacker
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic