OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupy mk 4 question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoinarien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Leupy mk 4 question
    Posted: February/06/2010 at 09:53
What the heck is covered under warranty?  This is Leupold's website:

"Warranties on Leupold® Mark 4®, Mark 2®, Mark AR™, and Tactical optical products vary depending on use and other factors. For more information regarding the warranties on these products, contact Leupold at 1-800-LEUPOLD or (503) 526-1400."

Anyone know off hand?
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 10:18
I've heard their warranty is quite good and their Customer Service is top notch.  Unfortunately, their product is no longer worth the $$ they want for it.
I guess, to get such good Customer Service, they had to skimp some on the actual optic.

I don't have details, but someone will be along shortly who will.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
neoinarien View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoinarien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 10:35
Yeah, I understand the China bit: down with Leupold, up with Nightforce, etc. 

My concern though with NF is that I don't know if they'll be around in 10, 20 years incase there are any problems.  

But the point is moot if Leupy doesn't have a decent warranty on these mark 4's which appear to have a strange warranty. 
kingston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 15:57
China?  What about China?  I know there are unscrupulous people importing Chinese made copies and selling them as original and as replicas.  What else?  Even their new line of Redfield scopes are made in the USA.  The 2006 headline reads, "China's trademark office rules against Leupold's claim for the Leupold mark."  As far as I know all of their gold ring stuff is made here. 

China's trademark office rules against Leupold's claim for the 'LEUPOLD' mark

China's trademark office rules against Leupold's claim for the 'LEUPOLD' mark".

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 16:53
The world might not be here in 20 years; Nightforce is doing great as a company, I'd say their future is brighter than leupold's or mot other optics companies in that market.
neoinarien View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neoinarien Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 19:08
I hope NF will be around.  I have never seen any of them in person, but everything I've read/heard has been great.  

But I'm going to take a bit of a 'wait and see' approach.  
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 19:20

the strange wording in the warranty is based in the many contracts for service with military, LEO and other group buyers, which may be individually different. As far as individuals go they will cover just about anything and everything.

338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 20:55

MY EXPERIENCE IS...Send it back regardless of what damage and regardless of how it happened. they enjoy fixing the product and pride themsleves on the repair...

No one
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 21:20
I tend to be one of only a few here who like my Leupolds and find that they make several optics that are particularly useful and well though out. Leupold has been very innovative in the last few years introducing some very useful balistic reticles Varmit and Boone & Crocket and more recently has introduced CDS  custom dial system low profile knobs for hunting to dial in correction for known distance similar to tactical M3 type knobs and custom matched to your caliber and info.  The recent upgrades in FX3 & VX3 glass without a significant price increase says they are listening to buyers. Comments about Leupold service and repair tend to be quite positive. When you read the wording in the Tactical warranty just remember that the scope might not be covered by damage from an IED  or suitcase nuke but show me a scope that is.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Jon A View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jon A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2010 at 22:15
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

the scope might not be covered by damage from an IED  or suitcase nuke but show me a scope that is.

Vortex.

Edited by Jon A - February/06/2010 at 22:17
kingston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2010 at 13:15
Originally posted by Dale Clifford Dale Clifford wrote:

the strange wording in the warranty is based in the many contracts for service with military, LEO and other group buyers, which may be individually different. As far as individuals go they will cover just about anything and everything.

x2 Leupold= industry defining standard for customer service!
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/21/2010 at 20:41
Originally posted by Jon A Jon A wrote:

[QUOTE=Urimaginaryfrnd]the scope might not be covered by damage from an IED  or suitcase nuke but show me a scope that is.

Vortex.
[/QUOTE

Are any of you running a Razor HD ?  I havent seen one yet.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hood5467 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hood5467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2010 at 06:57
has anyone tried one of the leupold replicas?
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2010 at 07:51
Are you refering to the chinese copys of the leupolds?

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
hood5467 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hood5467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2010 at 20:05
yes, i saw a comparison on 1337 tactical website and the replicas did very well just wondering if anyone has tried one
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/22/2010 at 23:32
No I try not to buy from the chinese.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 00:53
I refuse to willingly support trademark/copyright infringement. Those that do so are just as guilty as those that make and sell it. Semi Auto
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
hood5467 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hood5467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 08:06
I agree with the infringement thing however if we in the USA only bought USA we wouldnt have anything to buy. Also the company i was looking at buying from strongly says replica not original.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 08:15
You get what you pay for. (There are a few scopes made in the USA, some with foreign glass, some with Corning glass. )

And if more people bought American and not foreign, we wouldn't be selling our national soul for a few cents off at Wal Mart - but I digress.

Back to optics talk!
kingston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 08:46
Originally posted by hood5467 hood5467 wrote:

I agree with the infringement thing however if we in the USA only bought USA we wouldnt have anything to buy. Also the company i was looking at buying from strongly says replica not original.

You sound like you may be one of the US dealers for the Chinese copies.  They are only legal because the Chinese Government ruled against Leupold.

I buy anything but Chinese.  The Chinese are not allies, they do not trade fairly, they share no values for the environment and conservation with the west.  I can go on and on.  I will always pay more for something made in the US or by one of our allies.  If more of us do not do the right thing, we will never turn this economy around. 

Do not support the Chinese or those that do! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic