OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Leupy mk 4 question

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hood5467 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 10:37
You are blaming the wrong country, The USA has allowed this too happen and over time we have created the largest industrial empire by empowering china and with the great help of our country and its wonderful NAFTA agreement we can no longer compete due to outrages union labor rates and taxes in the USA.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 10:48
Somethings are correct in your assessment.... The USA isn't so much to blame as is corporate greed. Politics is only a fraction of the overall problem, and yes it is a compounding problem. This is a seperate issue for the sake of keeping this response short. Still trademark infringement is trademark infringement.... It is illegal, and any support of it is just as bad as the illegal act itself. Infringement of design, is stealing, and to buy into it knowingly is aiding that effort.
SHAME ON ALL WHO KNOWINGLY HAVE DONE SO.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
kingston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 18:45
"SHAME ON ALL WHO KNOWINGLY HAVE DONE SO"

X2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 18:53
Hell, I wouldn't buy a Leupold that KNEW was made by Leupold, much less one made in China.

Maybe it's the whiskey talking.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
kingston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 20:28
But would you buy Chinese made whiskey labeled as Jack Daniels?

Enjoy!
kingston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 20:29
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

Hell, I wouldn't buy a Leupold that KNEW was made by Leupold, much less one made in China.

I have been wondering when you would chime in with this comment...  Really.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/23/2010 at 21:56
No.... RC is correct... Look at what Leupold charges for their scopes, then look at what you can get from other companies for the same or nearly the same money. Leupold is over priced for what they are selling you.

Cyborg
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 09:26
No BS, if you are in the market for a Leupold Mk4 10X, get a SuperSniper HD, and put the remaining $600 into range time and ammo.  The glass is better, the turrets are better, the durability is better, everything abut the scope is better.  Or pay $600 for the logo on an inferior scope, and the famed Customer Service - which you will, undoubtedly, need.

I've broken a few Leupolds in my time, I have yet to break a SuperSniper.  Maybe I just need to try a little harder!
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/24/2010 at 10:54
The question is..... Is Leupolds CS any better than SWFA's? Is it $600.00 better?
Then there's the whole Bigdaddy test..... Run it over with a 2500 HD Chevy. The SS survived, would the Leupold?

Cyborg
lumberjack149 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumberjack149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2010 at 11:36
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

And if more people bought American and not foreign, we wouldn't be selling our national soul for a few cents off at Wal Mart - but I digress.

sorry for beating a dead horse but the walmart comment gets my goat. I went to college with alot of ppl that said the same thing, Walmart was the devil. These same ppl seemed to think Target was different (or any big chain store) and most of them that i knew drove hondas or toyotas, which makes no sense to me how they rip on walmart but support a Japan car company. Its impossible today to avoid the walmart effect.
They talk about how walmart destroyed small towns, but they grew up in a big city, WTF do they know about small towns. When we got a walmart in our local town is was the greatest thing ever, it kept ppl from driving a half hour to the city to spend money, it gave more jobs to locals. Everybody that i knew still dealt with the small town shops on the stuff they offered b/c you knew them and wanted to keep them afloat but for the items they didnt have you went to walmart.
I buy America whenever possible even if it means overpaying a lil bit and I understand your logic but the walmart is a poor example.
kingston View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kingston Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/26/2010 at 11:53
"I buy America whenever possible even if it means overpaying a lil bit"

x2!  We gotta do the right thing.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic