OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hawke Sidewinder 30

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejayex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hawke Sidewinder 30
    Posted: March/19/2010 at 10:27
Anybody have one of these?  Got a letter from Mike saying that makes this scope uses the same glass as Leupold.  Anyone else heard this?
Thanks
The Bone Collector
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 11:34
It may be the same glass only in that it may come from the same factory.  The possibility says nothing about grade or quality.
ceejayex View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ceejayex Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 11:37
 Our total package is made all in the same plant. In that same plant, other glass is made for other companies and shipped to the USA. The company with the big "L" logo has some of their best glass made here along side of ours. 
The Bone Collector
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 13:48
So how does the factory differentiate between glass going to Leupold and glass going to Hawke?  How does it differentiate between Leupold "best glass" and the not "best glass" others get?

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 16:13
Unless he said Leupold then don't assume.........he could have been talking about Leapers for all we know....That said It may be truely Leu but I would hold off on concluding it was the same until some more knowledgable guys chime in.  I am sure they know.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 19:02
Originally posted by ceejayex ceejayex wrote:

Our total package is made all in the same plant. In that same plant, other glass is made for other companies and shipped to the USA. The company with the big "L" logo has some of their best glass made here along side of ours. 

Who is this quote from?

ILya
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:30
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Unless he said Leupold then don't assume.........he could have been talking about Leapers for all we know....That said It may be truely Leu but I would hold off on concluding it was the same until some more knowledgable guys chime in.  I am sure they know.

Because they are trying to compare themselves with a high quality scope.  Leapers is not of a quality that I would want to compare my scopes if I were a scope maker/assembler.  So I will assume, and correctly, that it is Leupold until they tell me it is Leapers. 

Whistling

Still looking for a knowledgable guy to chime in....
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:35
I wasnt saying leapers was good just saying if they only said "L" then its open to all interpretations...........

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:40
Oh, go ahead, run with scissors!  Dare to be right! 

We all know who they are talking about. 
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:45

Have at it my friend I hope you find the info your looking for.  I am sure Koshkin knows and will chime in and if not, Chris may. 

Sorry if i came across offensive to you..............

topbrass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote topbrass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:53
No offense... just funnin' with ya!  :)

I wish someone would chime in.  They have a cheap price, but they are mostly hawking (pun intended0 their reticle and software as a one size fits all.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2010 at 19:01
I have played with some Hawke products and have a couple of reviews for them in the pipeline.

Which particular scope are you interested in?

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic