OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Remington 700 Changes

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remington 700 Changes
    Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:19

Well I have debated on this part for a while cause of the price and a few bad reviews but went ahead and took out a loan and ordered it.....$20.00 at Mid(wrong)way.com  Its the Tactical Componet Mfg. Mac Xtender for the R700SA.  I will have to say. It looks decent, adds three rounds to the capacity and functions flawlessly.  No trouble feeding any of the rounds or ejecting like I have read in a few places.  Definately worth the money IMO.  While I was at it I also installed the TPS 20MOA steel base.  The Nikon sitting on top is just to see the clearance. its a prostaff 3x9x50, in SS low rings (nothings tightened down except the base).  PLENTY of clearance as you can see.  The 3200 10X is gonna leave a huge gap?!?!?!  Oh well. it'll have to work until I change....again.  I really think it won't last long before a SS3x9 finds its way on. What do yall think about the mag xtender and base?

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:30
To be honest...........it looks factory spec  Skull Flame
I'm classic shag nasty type.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:35
That good or bad?
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:37
To me that's a good thing, it matches the rifle and don't look like a add on.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:40

Thanks

neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:43
Thumbs up!  Thunbs Up
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/19/2010 at 21:45
Yep, looks good.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2010 at 08:48

+10 on AJ's post.

VERY nice set-up!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
Tip69 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Tip Stick

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tip69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2010 at 09:56
looks good....... if you don't mind the mag hanging below the stock.  I usually don't like that, but I'm mostly coming from a hunting back ground.  I could see it working for a defense/tactical set-up.
take em!
diggler1833 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote diggler1833 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2010 at 10:31
Definitely makes it into the "tacticool" realm.  Good thing is that you get three extra rounds though I guess.  A lot of guys step up and get the $325-400 DBM and bottom metal if you are going to be running around and shooting in "tacticool" matches.

Definitely you'll want to change the stock out for one that isn't a POS, but they are nice rifles.  I've got one and it averages right on 1/2MOA at 100yds.

Good luck, and the 3-9xSS is a good choice for that rifle.  I went with a USO ST-10. 
medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2010 at 21:58
ExcellentNice setup, LOOKS GREAT
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2010 at 15:56
They made it fit like a freaking glove and even made it look like it was one piece.

Super Quiet.  Made my gravy load at 2750fps feel and sound like a 22.  Made my subsonic rounds well.  I could hicup louder! Its great.  If I knew how to upload videos to youtube and it not take overnight it seems I would get some up.
57Chevy 210 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 57Chevy 210 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/02/2010 at 21:15
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

They made it fit like a freaking glove and even made it look like it was one piece.

Super Quiet.  Made my gravy load at 2750fps feel and sound like a 22.  Made my subsonic rounds well.  I could hicup louder! Its great.  If I knew how to upload videos to youtube and it not take overnight it seems I would get some up.
Wow that looks really great , super nice set up!!!
what cal is it? got to love the Remys.

Confidence is the feeling you have before you know the Situation.Conservative in Exile
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/05/2010 at 07:20
its a sps tactical 308.  I bought it to dedicate to subsonic only.  I wish the twist was a little faster but I can get 168's to stabilize out to 200yds fine.  I am testing some 150's currently but the wind is causing chaos on it.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic