OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Scope for Tikka T3 Lite .243

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 19:15
Thanks

TominCA View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TominCA Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2010 at 12:47
My son shoots a T-3 in 243 and has a Ziess Conquest 3 - 9 its light, rugged and reliable with good optics for not a lot of money. His T-3 is very accurate and will place just about anything in 1" or less at 100 /yds

As for mounts - the Tikka mounts are good - but I would recommend if you don't have them, to get good mounts, made of steel and carefully mount the scope (any scope) using some mild loctite on the screws. I have seen a lot of guys who thought there was something wron with their scopes because their rifle was sooting erratically. It was ALWAYS the mounts that were the problem in my experience.
Tom in CA
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2010 at 14:54
River Hill here is my set-up ,reads like this might be same for you.BTW I shoot a 55gr Winchester Ballistic Silver for varmint and a 95gr same for whitetail. also have some 85gr Federal Premium Barnes Triple-Shock thats suppose to work real well.All are very accurate

neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2010 at 16:31
Nice looking rig Coyote. Thunbs Up
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
River Hill View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote River Hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2010 at 21:21
Originally posted by coyote95 coyote95 wrote:

River Hill here is my set-up ,reads like this might be same for you.BTW I shoot a 55gr Winchester Ballistic Silver for varmint and a 95gr same for whitetail. also have some 85gr Federal Premium Barnes Triple-Shock thats suppose to work real well.All are very accurate

Great setup.  I will have the same by sunday.  Do you find you need to resight the gun when going from 55 to 95?
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/24/2010 at 15:09
I seem to remember 3clicks up&down for the win loads and that was it.Always had good results with the Supreme ammo. Also happy with the tracking adjustments on the scope.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic