OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

This can't be real right?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: This can't be real right?
    Posted: April/20/2010 at 20:39

tell me what you think.....

"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2010 at 21:11
  Seen that before somewheres.  I HOPE the guy went to church the following Sunday and properly thank'd his maker.  That was close!!
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/20/2010 at 21:13
i would stay away from that guy during a thunderstorm for sure
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chris Farris II View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 11:30
I think its physically impossible.
One day your life will flash before your eyes; Make sure it's worth watching.
Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 11:35
What's his Lotto numbers.
I'm classic shag nasty type.
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 11:37
I saw it done with a golf ball off a tree. Dunno if a bullet could do it, but I saw the golf shot, damn near killed the guy.
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 15:24
Originally posted by neilbilly neilbilly wrote:

I saw it done with a golf ball off a tree. Dunno if a bullet could do it, but I saw the golf shot, damn near killed the guy.
Take into fact a bullet  and a golf ball share no resemblence. Imagine throwing the 2 on the ground and the bounce difference. The bullet would flatten once hitting the steel target if not go through it much less bounce back like a bouncy ball. Definately fake. My guess would be sound effects with fishing wire attached to the hearing protectors.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 15:33
When I took a precision rifle class a couple years ago they had a bunch of bullet resistant glass put up with different objects behind then so we could see that would happen when we tried to shoot them through the glass.  We shot .308s. .223s, a .50 and hanguns.  The .308s and .50 was not even slowed down it did not appear.  Depending upon the ammo the .223 would go through.  But the handguns that was a different story.

A bunch of people were shooting at it with 9mms, .40s and .45s.  One guy must have been at a perfectly straight on angle.  He was shooting .45 and every time he shot the bullets we bouncing straight back at us.  He had no idea and shot a whole mag.  Two people got hit in the legs several people rifles got hit we were all running and ducking for cover.  An instructors finally gets his attention and he stops and turns around laughing as he was having a great time and could not figure out why we were all hiding.  Then we told him what was going on.  We were 100 yards out.  The bullets were hitting the plexy glass and bouncing straight back.  The we hitting the ground on the way back and then bouncing towards us.   None of them were going fast enough to do any damage, but it was still pretty crazy.

Not sure if you would get the same result with a rifle though.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 15:36
It sounds in the video like its coming back almost as fast as it went. I still call BS Flag
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 15:40
If you look really close you can see the projectile flying back from the target.  The target is up on the hill.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris II Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 15:52
Yeah I saw the dirt fly up.. If it is real I bet he had to change his pants..
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 16:04
Can't say if that was real. 

I was at a range many years ago.  These 3 kids had put cans up on the 25 yd range (the range was not monitored).  Either a fragment of the bullet or the can came straight back and cut the kid shooting on the neck. I was shooting 3 lanes down from him when he started hooting and hollering.  I don't recall what pistol / caliber they were shooting.  It drew a good bit of blood on him and he was scared poopless.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 16:06

key word scooter, KIDS!

"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/21/2010 at 17:53
I thought there was no way it could be real it happens way to fast but i dunno.....
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2010 at 12:43
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

key word scooter, KIDS!

They were right about your age !
Blondebombshell View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
Optics Cricket

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondebombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2010 at 12:49
Hey Scoot....Here Ye Here Ye
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2010 at 12:59
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

key word scooter, KIDS!

They were right about your age !
Whacko you cut me deep man.  real deep
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/22/2010 at 19:21
oh no, don't go off with your lip all sticking out. 

Hey BBB, has the yellow mist cleared up down there, I hear allergies are super bad this year.
Blondebombshell View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional
Optics Cricket

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blondebombshell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2010 at 08:04
 Yeah Scooter. Much better. Still sneezing a little. But at least the car is not covered...
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: April/23/2010 at 08:15
  Just startin' here.  My brown porch is green.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic