OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Varmint Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Anyone used Sightmark? I need advice.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huskerjoe78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anyone used Sightmark? I need advice.
    Posted: June/10/2010 at 10:12
I'm lookin for a rifle scope mostly for small game and varmints. I have heard good things about Sightmark but wanted to get some advice from more people. Let me know what you think.
GO BIG RED!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2010 at 10:13
Welcome to the OT HuskerJoe.  I haven't used sightmark myself but what may be more beneficial to you is for you to post how much you wanna spend and what kinda ranges you shoot your varmints at.  This will give us the info we need to recommend some options for you that may be better than sightmark.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
huskerjoe78 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote huskerjoe78 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2010 at 10:59
Thanks. and I know I wanna spend under $400 or $500. I was just wondering about Sightmark bc of some reviews I've heard. Thanks a lot tho man.
GO BIG RED!
texashoghunter65 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texashoghunter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/10/2010 at 16:51
I have used a Sightmark a few times. Good quality. Depends on what you're tryin to do really but the triple duty riflescope they have thats designed for hunting, competetion and tactical shooting is pretty flexible for whatever you wanna do. I didnt exactly break any doors down and raid a house with it but it was great on the range and hunting whitetail
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 11:04
Have you seen any Sightmark scopes in any ratings list?
Sightmark website does not mention where or by whom their scopes are manufactured.
The Sightmark warranty is of the "limited lifetime" type which clearly states that you must jump through hoops in order to get repairs.

The 'Triple Duty' sounds like any other Chinese 'all the bells and whistles' scope.

Is it just me, or does this whole thread not pass the smell test?
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
SD Dog View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire
OT Scratching Post

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SD Dog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 11:15
For $400 to $500 you can get several sure fire proven winners.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 11:28
Originally posted by Alan Robertson Alan Robertson wrote:

Have you seen any Sightmark scopes in any ratings list?
Sightmark website does not mention where or by whom their scopes are manufactured.
The Sightmark warranty is of the "limited lifetime" type which clearly states that you must jump through hoops in order to get repairs.

The 'Triple Duty' sounds like any other Chinese 'all the bells and whistles' scope.

Is it just me, or does this whole thread not pass the smell test?
I think its just someone looking for info really. 
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Alan Robertson View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alan Robertson Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 12:32
huskerjoe78
Welcome to the OT forums.
As SD Dog said, you have quite a selection of great scopes for $400-$500.

Here's the 2009 Scope Scale discussion thread:
http://www.opticstalk.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=16515&KW=scope+scale+discussion&PN=1
"Garg'n uair dhuisgear"
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texashoghunter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/11/2010 at 13:44
i dont know about the warranty stuff or anything. I was just sayin I liked it just as well if not better than any others ive used
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texashoghunter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2010 at 10:57
Sightmark products are even on SWFA if you wanna look there
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic