OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Let's see your AR's

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 07:23
My last dog came from a breeder in Soddy Daisey, Tn. Small town between 2 mountains, just north of Chatanooga.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 07:32

That's it, it is about 25 miles NW of Chattanooga, we wanted to live here because it still had the small town feel and wasn't that far from downtown Chattanooga where my wife and I work.  I also like it because it is close to the lake and I can go fishing whenever I have time.

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 07:44
I pulled Soddy Daisey up on Google maps satalite, preparing for our trip to pick up the puppy, and I saw the lake. It looks like a nice lake, what's the name of it?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 07:59
Lake Chickamauga, pretty good fishing.  My Dad and I are not bass fishers, we like to fish for catfish and bream.  We usually pull 300-500 pounds of catfish out of the lake every year.  It is actually part of the Tennessee River, between Watts Bar Dam and Chickamauga Dam. 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 08:31
It's beautiful country down there. We took state roads, instead of the I-65 and I-40, a really nice drive.
You have any decent ranges close by?
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 09:14

Not really, there is a public range at Prentice Cooper WMA that goes to 100, but if you don't go during the week it is too crowded.  There are two private clubs in the area, but unless you know someone you can't get a membership. 

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 10:30
That's a shame since there are some legendary rifle shooters that came from that area.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2010 at 19:05
bump.....
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/02/2010 at 19:14
So i updated some things on the AR. Added a little color via Magpul xtm rail panels, a ctr stock and fde mag. Also got some of that McNett camo tape which is amazing stuff. Adhesive to itself and doesn't leave any residue. Makes for better grip as well. Fattens up the ergo grip nicely. 

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2010 at 10:17

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2010 at 10:40
Outside of a few in that picture, you could have passed that off as a Taliban weapons cache! Big Grin

Nice collection.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2010 at 12:15
Actually it was a Taliban weapons cache it was taken in Iraq I just thought the guys would like to see Uncle Sam's M4  at the back of the table and how it is set up.

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2010 at 12:31
And then there is Mexico :

Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/03/2010 at 13:18
Nice pictures Wes.....that's a damn big haul there! 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2010 at 15:03

Latest upgrade to the RRA Predator Pursuit, only thing else is maybe going to the enidine hydraulic recoil buffer. I think it would be real cool if in fact you could see impact of shot threw scope
284winguy View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 284winguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/15/2010 at 17:12
 I sure wish I could show you. I can't though since the accident. There I was moving all my guns by boat on what I thought was a great weather day. The storm came up and I barely made it to shore with only my life preserver. It didn't help that the depth-finder read 145' just before the storm came . After I save up enough I'll try to buy some more.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic