OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Eyes not as good as they use to be

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/27/2010 at 06:44

Now for the scopes thing..... A quick question. How are you cleaning the lenses? Deterioration of the coatings from a poor cleaning practice can easily screw up fantastic glass. I have seen any number of people use windex on scope lenses. That will absolutely ruin coatings.
[/QUOTE]
  Even the non-streaking formula?Bucky
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
NinjaTurtle View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NinjaTurtle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/28/2010 at 23:25
My eyes got so bad I couldn't see the hair growing out of my ears.ShockedLASIX cured the majority of the vision problem - but at +49 years the reading glasses are here to stay. 
Your actions today will echo in eternity.
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/29/2010 at 08:04
So's the hair Wink
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
ba_50 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ba_50 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 20:00

There must more than one reason for not seeing through a good scope. I need readers and have starting cataracs. I can see fine through a good scope without glasses. The only reason I can see for glasses is to see the crosshairs better, but it seems like it would be a problem looking beyond that. Crosshairs are focused at the rear anyhow. Just wondering.

tracks View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tracks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2010 at 14:39
Well I'm in the same boat, my eyes are that bad I'm out of rear eye focus ajustment on my scopes, going to get my eyes tested again and see if I can get some scrips which I can use with the scope,,by the way has anyone thought about getting their eyes lazered, seems that's the go now but hell if they mess up that's your eyes gone,,,
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/11/2010 at 14:51
I had lazer eye correction about 6 years ago.  best money i've spent. I wore contacts before and now am perfect without.  details are better and haze is none existance like i experienced before.  I recommend it to any and all considerign it.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 09:08
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

I had lazer eye correction about 6 years ago.  best money i've spent. I wore contacts before and now am perfect without.  details are better and haze is none existance like i experienced before.  I recommend it to any and all considerign it.

Graham YOU PUPPY!  We're talking 'old guy' eye degradation  Wink

What you can get away with at your age won't work on most of us.  Modifying your sight with correctlive glasses or laser for a young person corrects defects, but after your 40's your lenses start to harden.  The muscles around the lense are usually fine but cannot contract the lense any longer due to the hardening.  Thus you cannot focus or it takes a few minutes before you can after you strain a bit.  By the end of the day you feel very tired due to the eye strain (which is actually muscle strain). 

In a two year period (once I hit 44), I could no longer read fine print and it just kept getting worse... almost over night... GETTING OLD DOES SUCK

Edited by scooter65 - August/22/2010 at 11:08
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 09:14
Whats the problem, my eyesight is fine for reading....it is just my arms that are too short!!!!

Edited by 8shots - August/22/2010 at 09:14
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 10:31
Turnip, and collard greens, and carrots are all helpful. Also fish oils have certain lipids that help to prevent the hardening of arteries and your eyes lenses. It helps also to eat red meats that are less than well done. Nuts and fruits are beneficial, as are some certain supplements, such as bilberry. L Arginine helps blood flow thru minor vessels, and can help relieve the strain of the eye muscles.
Edit to add: Plenty of good clean water too.

Edited by cyborg - August/22/2010 at 10:43
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
8shots View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Lord Of The Flies

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 8shots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 02:20
Carrots are also good for you...ever seen a bunny wearing glasses???
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic