OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Handgun Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

hand gun scope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: hand gun scope
    Posted: July/13/2010 at 18:56
i just bought a tc contender with a leup0ld stright 12 power this scope is 14in lond has any one ever seen any thing like this.and it has adj yards at the end of the scope ....any info  thanks
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/13/2010 at 20:14
Im not exactly sure what you asking. are you wanting to know about the current scope on the gun.
Sounds like a Leupold Fixed 12 target style scope. The yards mark on the end is your parallax adjustment.

Not exactly a handgun scope. I think you want and actual handgun scope so you can have some eye relief.
http://swfa.com/Leupold-Handgun-Scopes-C2691.aspx
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/14/2010 at 10:20
I've never seen nor heard of a Leupold long eye relief in 12x either.
Check the eye relief and let us know please.
Welcome to O.T. also.

Doug

Edited by tahqua - July/14/2010 at 10:22
JPinSC View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JPinSC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2010 at 14:15
Maybe his T/C has a rifle barrel on it.
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/18/2010 at 14:25
well, if the scope has set for rifle eye relief,,  its the stock that matters, if its a handgun he is using a rifle scope on it. the only way to be able to be able to shoot it would be able  to get close enough to get scope bite, and without a gunstock it would be real easy. unless your the HULK. 
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 11:06
Originally posted by JPinSC JPinSC wrote:

Maybe his T/C has a rifle barrel on it.

Good point, I made the assumption that it was a handgun. This is the Handgun Scopes sub-forum. We'll move it if it does have a rifle barrel.
Back to the 12x, Leupold has had so many scopes through the years, there might have been an long eye relief model.
TC has made so many variants off the original Contender concept that anything is possible. Who would have ever thought about the bewildering array of configurations based on a 1967 single shot.

Doug

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 15:02
More information is needed to take this further.  While leupold doesnt make the 12x as a pistol scope I have heard of conversions being done to make eye rielief more useable for a pistol.  I have also seen rifle scopes used on pistols but usually a caliber with not a lot of recoil or with a compensator to keep it out of your face.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mick View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 20:02
it is a 12x42 fix sn#is 477233 .it is for sure a pistol scope. i thank it was made in the early 70s but not sure. like i  said its got at lest a 20in eye rielief it is made out of a light steel . thanks for all the help. i will let you know if i find any thing out .....thanks 
Ernie Bishop View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ernie Bishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/23/2010 at 21:16
Originally posted by mick mick wrote:

it is a 12x42 fix sn#is 477233 .it is for sure a pistol scope. i thank it was made in the early 70s but not sure. like i  said its got at lest a 20in eye rielief it is made out of a light steel . thanks for all the help. i will let you know if i find any thing out .....thanks 

Sounds like one of Wally Seibert conversions.
I have a Leupold 36x BR "D" scope that has been converted to a 20x that no has long eye relief.
I think he is the only one who has done these conversions.
Ernie

"If you think you are perfect, just try walking on water."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic