OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Spotting Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Minox 62 ED

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Minox 62 ED
    Posted: July/15/2010 at 17:05

I am considering a 60-65mm spotter because I want it to be light enough to use in field, and because I can afford better quality in a smaller size.  Does anybody have one?  Would it be comparable to a Pentax?  There are a few on the sample list for a fair bit less than new, so it is tempting me quite a bit.

I have no experience with Minox products, so any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Cat Power View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/15/2010 at 07:48
I pulled the trigger on the angled ED body from the sample list yesterday.  If it is anything like the riflescopes I will be very happy.  I noticed there is still 1 body left (demo B).  I can't believe how much off of new it was.  Got the 21-42 eyepiece too.  Overall I saved $700 over buying new.
NRV View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NRV Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/18/2010 at 19:53
I'd be curious to know your thoughts when your unit arrives and you use it.  My spotting scope purchase has been delayed (Viper scopes just had to be closeout priced), but I will get one sometime.  Thanks
rs1968 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rs1968 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/19/2010 at 12:31
I had a 62 ed with the 20-45. It was very clear. I compared it to and older bushnell spacemaster. The bushnell had a lot more of a yellow color. I also compared it to a zeiss 85mm. I did like the zeiss at higher power but at 45 they were both good. I sold my first minox as it was used.  I found a good deal on a new closeout one from an authorized dealer. It is a  62ed with the 21-42 eyepiece.  I never used it and decided I just need to sell it. I bought it last year. If you can't find one make me an offer on this one. I live in Colorado.
Cat Power View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cat Power Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/24/2010 at 07:42
I am very pleased with the scope I bought off the sample list.  I wasn't quite sure what it would look like being Demo B, Boy was I pleasently surprised to get a like new condition one.  My 21-42 eyepiece should be here Thursday.

Man, did I save some dough on this scope.
quarterbore View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper
Previously Banned Troll

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quarterbore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/23/2010 at 16:13
Just curious about all of your experiences with the Minox 62ED.  I just purchased the angled model off of the sample list with a 40x ocular and saved a mint.  I am very familiar with their binoculars and their reputation.  My last spotting scope purchase was a disaster and I should have known better, but lets just say it was a Russian pile of crap.  I was not going to buy Chinese, no matter how good the reviews, so that narrowed it down to European, Japanese or US, basically, with a few outside choices, but still few, within my budget.  Looking forward to it's arrival, but any thoughts or comparisons would be welcome.  Thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic