OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

HISTORY CHANNEL SEEKS MARKSMEN FOR SHOW

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HISTORY CHANNEL SEEKS MARKSMEN FOR SHOW
    Posted: July/19/2010 at 16:18

·         HISTORY CHANNEL SEEKS MARKSMEN FOR SHOW . . . If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on the second season of History Channel's hit competition show, "TOP SHOT." Producers are seeking participants with outstanding shooting skills and a big personality to take on the show's physical challenges with multiple guns. Whether you're professionally trained or self-taught, you could be America's next "top shot." To apply, e-mail TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is Aug. 12. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on "casting" or call 818-478-4570. Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and a resident or citizen of the United States.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 16:21
Here are the episodes so far for this season.  The guy named Bill I know.  Kind of interesting, but you can tell they stage and edit a ton of stuff like every other reality show out there. 

http://www.hulu.com/search?query=top+shot&st=0  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 17:00
I've watched all the episodes so far and while there is some definite "reality" editing going on it's amazing how much complaining some of those guys are doing. Brad has an excuse for everything and frankly isn't even the best pistol shot there but has the "resume". Guy was icy cool though in the elimination rounds.

I like Bill and was especially rooting for him to take out the young punk Kelly who is a typical young jackass although he can shoot the long guns very well.

It's too political though for my taste. Yeah, there is strategy involved, but the best person up to a certain point can just be ganged up on and sent packing (well to the elimination round anyway).

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 17:54
Appreciate the heads-up there CF but it's not for me. Once they brought out the bow and arrows I would be sunk. Ouch
If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 19:55
I've been watching, it pains me!  Some of the guys are obviously good, what they did with the rifles over the first few episodes = embarrassing.

I know a few guys who went out to California to interview but were not asked to be on the show.  In the rifle community, none of the best are on the TV show, I guess they weren't "reality TV" material.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2010 at 20:30
Rancid, i agree completely. They obviously went with people that had a certain angle for the show, personality wise. That very first episode was horrendous. I grew up shooting iron sights on everything from .22 to my favorite a 1903 Springfield 30-06 and to see those guys not be able to hit the target shot after shot.

I watched Cowboy Denny struggle on his best platform (old Colt peacemaker) this past weekend....it's apparent that they had to have passed over some superior talent.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Sgt. D View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 00:20
I've signed up with a casting company. Hope I don't regret it. I agree, to see some of those guys complain makes me wonder why they are even there. If thats what they want for "drama" then I won't be what they are lookin for. It would be fun (I think) to get out of the house some and see how far I could get in competition.
Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 07:55
I've thought about it ($100,000 would be nice), but from what I've seen they want pretty drama queens, and I never make that group. The shooting doesn't look that tough thow.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 08:08
We need to get Graham to try out!

Furious fingers!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 08:51
Originally posted by Sgt. D Sgt. D wrote:

I've signed up with a casting company. Hope I don't regret it. I agree, to see some of those guys complain makes me wonder why they are even there. If thats what they want for "drama" then I won't be what they are lookin for. It would be fun (I think) to get out of the house some and see how far I could get in competition.

OUTSTANDING...Salute  Go get 'em...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 12:21
Personality is one of the attributes. This is what makes shows like this a hoax in my HO. Top Shots should be just that. TOP SHOTS. I have no doubt there are folks here that could qualify.
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/20/2010 at 20:54
Would be fun to try, but I doubt I have the personality or skill.  Maybe I could be a upset shocker or something.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Longarm View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Longarm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 03:32
 I think JJ Racaza wins.
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 10:51
I can shoot a rifle better than anything I've seen so far, and a pistol pretty well (though not as well as their IPSC champs), but I'm an ass, so they wouldn't want me.  And I ain't particularly pretty.

It is mildly entertaining, and gives me enormous confidence, I am better with a rifle than their Top Shot.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 10:59
Jeff, I think there are several here that would be better. But like you say, we ain't pretty, and we would certainly piss a few folks off too.

Cyborg
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 11:20
I am sure it had more to do with finding drama queens that it did about all of being super good shooters. 

Half of them did not even know which hand to use to run the AR.  They where running the charging handle and loading mags with their trigger side hand.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Sgt. D View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sgt. D Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 11:25
Darn, if I'd thought looks mattered I wouldn't have bothered. Didn't think of any of the ones on there now as "pretty". The shootin ability I've seen so far is what caught my interest. I know there are many people who shoot better than I do. My true interest is the competition and the potential to learn some new skills. I like that they are starting out as teams. Team work is something I miss and would enjoy helping a team be successful. From what I've seen in the signup so far there is room for more to try. The dead line is around August 15. I think they're plan is to film in Nov/Dec.
One thing I've learned so far is don't claim to be "profecient" in any particular weapon or style. The guys that have boasted so far have done terrible in their speciality. If chosen I plan to rely on my military mind set, Adapt and overcome.

Take care of Soldiers, Show em how its done and do it with em, Run to the Fight & and hold your ground! I die my men go home! If you're a NCO and this ain't you. GET OUT! GOD BLESS AMERICA!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 11:51
Sarg I think you'd make a good participant!  Disregarding the pretty aspects of it you'd probably create all the drama they could hope for with your cut thru the BS no non-sense attitude.  For that mater if its color they want Billy would be my second choice. 
Put both of you together and watch the fireworks!!! Cool

Would make for an interesting show or two at least! Excellent
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 12:06

I'm not that "colorful" Hell, I ain't even close to pretty. I do shoot pretty well though. Good with archery equipment too. Folks would get real tired of all the "bleeps" though.

Cyborg
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/21/2010 at 19:12
The problem i'd have is telling people off. I don't put up with ass kissers or crybabies and that show apparently likes both kinds. Id pit my rifle skills against anything i've seen including tactical weapons like the AR or AK.

I was a qualified marksman with the 9mm Beretta in the Air Force (from 02-06) but have to say i prefer long guns. I simply haven't kept up with pistol shooting enough to be a challenger there.

I just got a kick out of that one guy, think it was Brad, that bitched up and down about having to shoot for his life on the show in a game of bows and arrows. Roll Eyes What the hell did you think the show was going to be about???
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic