OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Shotgun / BlackPowder Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Mossberg 500, MILLETT???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BushmasterM4ORC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mossberg 500, MILLETT???
    Posted: July/20/2010 at 03:41
Alright.. I bought a Mossberg 500 a while back. And I've yet to outfit it with an optic.
As I'm sure most of you know the 500 is an inexpensive shotgun. So I'm not looking to spend much for an optic. I'm thinking $50- $150 MAX. I'd really like to stay around or under the $100 mark. I am aware that you get what you pay for.. That's why I put '150 MAX'.

So I'm looking at my MidwayUSA catalog and they have a Millett Red Dot sight for $79.
It has a 5 yr warranty. It includes weaver style-rings...waterproof, shockproof and guaranteed to withstand heavy recoil. Now i don't know anything about this brand. But between the description and the 5 yr warranty I think it's worth a shot. No pun.
Curious as to what you all think? Any other suggestions?

I have an AIMPOINT for my AR 15. And I didn't mind buying a $500 optic for a $1000 gun.
But wont spend that kind of $ on a Mossberg 500, if yah know what I mean..

Also.. What else am I going to need to buy once I get an optic.. mounts or what not?

I'm still an Newb.. and still learning.. bare with me please..
Thanks
People who do not use their intelligence are no better than animals who do not have intelligence. Such people are beasts of burden and steaks on the table by choice and consent. -BEHOLD A PALE HORSE
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 18:11
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 19:22
Putting good optics on a shotgun is not a mistake regardless of cost of shotgun. The recoil forces will trash out a cheap glass, or dot, faster than any rifle, while a good sight opens up a new world of slug and double 00 use. Moss 930 Leo prismatic.
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

hhbuck57 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hhbuck57 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/18/2010 at 15:06
I just bought a 500 with brown stock with 2 barrels, slug and a shot gun in a 20 gauge. Have not even shot it yet. I wear glasses and also have a cvs 50 cal. muzzle loader. Bought a simmons scope for it and never could get it set. So i figured it was because i wore glasses. so i got rid of it, (the scope). I latter found out i was trying to set it to far out. Should have started with 25 yards. So i to would like to know what scope to get but for my slug barrel. Please keep me up to date with the scope you purchase and the results.
HJHall
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic