OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rimfire / Airgun
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BSA 3-9x40 Sweet 22 Riflescope

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSA 3-9x40 Sweet 22 Riflescope
    Posted: July/24/2010 at 20:20
I just ordered a BSA 3-9x40 Sweet 22 Riflescope im planning on putting this scope on a savage mark II bolt action .22. Does anyone have any good advice on this scope like the actual range it will be accurate to, packaged with my savage? Or was this a waste of my $55 bucks after shipping?
saborthw View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote saborthw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/24/2010 at 20:43
The BSA Sweet 22 Rimfire Rifle Scope features 3 elevation drums to precisely match the bullet trajectory for 36, 38 and 40 grain 22 long rifle bullets. Target turrets allow fast adjustment without tools, with 1/4 MOA adjustments for precision shooting.

Hope this helps

Scott
Jtucker17855 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/25/2010 at 20:22
Thats a good copy and paste job lol. I was really wondering if any one had any tru experience with a BSA scope. Im hoping i got a good deal on this one.
faceplant View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote faceplant Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 19:58
Mine never went back to zero using the elevation knob. It is a cheap scope that worked ok for plinking as long as I didn't use the elevation adjust. Sorry you wasted your money.
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/30/2010 at 20:54
Im not sure if you bought a bad one or what but i received mine yesterday and sited it in today. It was very accurate on my savage out t0 175 yards and it went back to zero at 50 yards every time. I was hitting clay targets at 100 to 175 yards. I am very pleased with this scope. If you get a bad one just send it back lol. I got lucky the first time.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/31/2010 at 01:31
I have the 6-18 and have had it for several years, mounted on my 10/22.  Deadly package, coons, crows and foxes fear it.  Always returns to zero, BDC with 40gr bullets is excellent out to the full 175 yards.  Never had a problem.  I would like better glass, but I hunt coons at night with it and for $40.00 I really cannot complain.  NO PROBLEMS.  If I had a need, I would buy another. 
This one has over 5000 rounds on it. 
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2010 at 20:45
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/01/2010 at 20:50

Heres my new savage with the BSA scope on it. So far this is a realy nice outfit. I would recomend this BSA scope that SWFA has on sale for $39 to anyone with a .22. I need some lower scope rings i had these laying around the house. Its good for now though.

medic52 View Drop Down
Optics Professional
Optics Professional

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote medic52 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2010 at 23:04
Good luck with the BSA, I personally will not buy another one.
"The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him." G.K. Chesterton
VYD View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2010 at 09:20
Just curious how in the world one can evaluate the scope using cheap off the shelf ammo...?
I have the same rifle (Savage guy) with a Burris Timberline on it. German Wolf Match bullets print sub inch groups at 100 all day long. Test variety of Match ammo, it is not that expensive, and you will be surprised what that Savage can do. BSA, no, it won't be my choice, but if it works for you then this is all that matters...
VYD View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VYD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2010 at 09:20
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jtucker17855 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/04/2010 at 12:26
Im not shooting in competitions i just shoot for fun and the occasional squirrel hunts. Thats why i buy this cheap ammo. Its good for squirrels and i don't have a problem with accuracy just the occasional dud lol.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic