OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Super Sniper 10X vs Millett TRS-1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Perkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/06/2011 at 21:57
Hello, I'm new to this forum but I have a problem. Ok I purchased a millett trs-1 on Christmas and I had to wait till 2 weeks later to get me some rings. I mounted I on my mossberg .270 100ATR and I went to the range to sight it in. I loosened the hex screw up on the Windage and elevation knobs to zero it and all they do is slip? I can't zero my scope in. A little help here?

Thanks,

Josh
penguin6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2011 at 06:07
I don't have any experience with this particular scope, but you shouldn't have to loosen any screws to zero it, only to reset the turrets to zero after you're sighted in.  On most scopes, you turn the turrets to adjust the point of impact of your groups to your point of aim.  Once that's done,  you loosen a screw or pop up a turret to disengage it (what you're calling "slip"), and move the turret marking back to zero without disturbing your adjustments.  Then you re-engage the turrets by retightening the screw.   Now you have a scope that's zeroed and turrets that are lined up with a "0" marking so you can move them back to zero if you've made temporary adjustments.
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2011 at 09:49
What Penguin said. +1
-Matt
Josh Perkins View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Perkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2011 at 11:18
OHHH ok.... i am new to tactical scopes and this is my first tactical scope so thats why. I am just learning as i go...Now this all adds up! Thank you so much! i feel so dumb now...
KB0WZL View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KB0WZL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/07/2011 at 22:54
Hello

The screws on top the turrets are captive so you can loose them.  push down on the knob and once aligned tighten the screw and you will be set.

I am the guy that designed the Millett scope and you should have no problem with the set screws.  

Good shooting

Steve Langford
Steve
penguin6 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote penguin6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/08/2011 at 02:17
Originally posted by Josh Perkins Josh Perkins wrote:

OHHH ok.... i am new to tactical scopes...... i feel so dumb now...

If you follow these forums with any regularity, you'll probably feel dumb fairly often, but you'll learn a lot in return.  Now you know how to use your turrets and all you had to do was tolerate a temporary unpleasant feeling.  Not a bad deal.
Griffin99 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Griffin99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 23:31
I have have 2 TRS-1s on my rifles and have had great success with them.  Even mounted mine on a .338 Lapua and two different .50 BMGs.  I have no experience with the SS, but the TRS-1s have been awsome performers for me fromm 100 to 1000 yards.  Another friend has one mounted on a .300 Win Mag with the same results.   
Far Beyond Driven
boyl0061 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boyl0061 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2012 at 11:12
Steve,

Is there any way of removing the turret cap (captive hex screw) on my trs-1 to inspect the splined components under the turret?

My turret is somewhat crooked and they seem to just barely connect with each other.
My scope is new and I discoverd this while zeroing. I use my turrets often and I am concerned with failure of this connecting mechanism.

Thanks
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/09/2012 at 15:09
This thread is over a year ol' my man I don"t think many are up to answering .
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic