OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Sports Channel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

College Football Thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/28/2010 at 19:17
Originally posted by neilbilly neilbilly wrote:

Last year we had Florida beat till the refs called pass interference and gave Teabag 4 more downs.

Stare......Uh....I would turn "quar" for Tim Tebow and bear his children.

Have a nice "cruise" through the season.  Howdy 

Well, lets all us SEC leg humpers agree on one thing......TENNESSEE MUST GO DOWN....HARD!
   Big Grin

As the saying goes...."The enemy, of my enemy, is my friend."   Wink

Gator QB John Brantley is going to hang some big yards on defenses this year!!
Bank on it! The guy is going to be a STAR!  

Auburn is my sleeper team this year.

Mike, looks like Stanford is excited for their season to start also. Big 10 should be interesting with Iowa, OSU, and Wisconsin fielding expected formidable teams.    

Edited by cheaptrick - August/28/2010 at 19:19
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 18:24
Of the other 5 SEC west teams only one does not have it's bye week before the Alabama game, that's Arkansas. Of the other 3 SEC east teams that play Alabama this season ONLY Florida did not take their bye week before the Alabama game.  6 of 8 SEC teams that play against Alabama this year set their bye weeks the week before, when did Alabama set it's bye week?  Before LSWho!  tells you something about the SEC.   LOL!  Roll Tide Roll!
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 20:44

We don't need no stinkin bye week. All we need are paid off refs and a couple of the bama squad put on the no fly list. Mad

Run Forest Run.... I hear banjo's 

Now for the Tebow comment, well, I'm just waiting for a new 25 yard penalty for roughing the Messiah. Bow

If God didn't want me to play with it, he'd of made my arms shorter.
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2010 at 20:48

For anyone that didn't watch the game and see it happen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4v1o-ZhzI

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 03:10

For anyone that didn't watch the game and see it happen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI4v1o-ZhzI

Sleep
neilbilly View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote neilbilly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 12:24

LOL  

O.K. I know it was last year and I should let it go, but the officiating crew was suspended for 2 weeks after the game film was reviewed. Might be seeing ya later if we can get by Bama.

Oh, and we can certainly agree to root against Tenn. Thunbs Up

Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2010 at 17:07
I don't think Mr. Dooley's boy is any threat to anyone in the SEC this year.  Well, OK maybe Vandy!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2010 at 11:56

Might be seeing ya later if we can get by Bama.

Oh, and we can certainly agree to root against Tenn. Thunbs Up

I think the SEC West is simply filthy talented this year. Ark vs Bama game should be a real throw down!

Hey Mike, whats the status on your boy Ingram? Any chance he'll have to sit out the Florida game??  Naughty
Trent Richardson is a hoss and will keep the running game going. I have zero doubts of that.  

Edited by cheaptrick - September/02/2010 at 11:56
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2010 at 13:29
Anyone following the crap going on with UNC Football........I have season tickets and now we are gonna have to play the cheerleaders on the field cause all our players are getting suspended near bout.
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2010 at 14:37
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Anyone following the crap going on with UNC Football........I have season tickets and now we are gonna have to play the cheerleaders on the field cause all our players are getting suspended near bout.
Yes, loose lips on the internet will burn you every time.  They were supposed to have one of the top ranked defenses this year.  Ah well, they can hang out with USC.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2010 at 14:38
yep!
"Most folks are about as happy as they make their minds up to be" - Abraham Lincoln
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/02/2010 at 15:39
Bro. Mark, my baby girl says he's out only for one game.  But I'm thinking that's him talking, Saban will have the final say.
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 06:57
BOISE STATE.............. come on are they serious.  Vtech handed them the game on a platter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 08:30
Originally posted by scooter65 scooter65 wrote:

BOISE STATE.............. come on are they serious.  Vtech handed them the game on a platter.

I thought they (BS) played very well. The V Tech QB Taylor, had a good game, as well.    

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 08:32
A win is a win, but the Florida/Miami OH was UGLY to watch. I can't remember a worse Florida offensive performance in recent years.
YIKES!!   
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 09:27
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

I thought they (BS) played very well. The V Tech QB Taylor, had a good game, as well.    
Your right, they did play well.  I should have added more detail.. VT handed it to them in the first qtr.... Just frustrates me to see BS up there expecting to be respected with the likes of Florida, Texas, Sooners etc.... they do not play the teams and schedules like the big 12 or sec etc... coming thru a season without injuries in a conference like that is what makes you respected..
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 09:27

Your right, they did play well.  I should have added more detail.. VT handed it to them in the first qtr.... Just frustrates me to see BS up there expecting to be respected with the likes of Florida, Texas, Sooners etc.... they do not play the teams and schedules like the big 12 or sec etc... coming thru a season without injuries and wins in a conference like that is what makes you respected..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 11:15
Oh no....I concur with you 100% on Boise whinning about not getting their shot at the title game when they play a relatively lame ass schedule, Scooter.
BCS currently favors the big programs and that's the way I want to keep it.  Wink

308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 16:30

Lets light this candle!!!
Yippee

Maybe I could root for Florida. Go Cats!!!!
Gerald Baker

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/07/2010 at 16:45
Welcome to the thread, .308!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 10>
  Share Topic