OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Shooting
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

rifle karma

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: rifle karma
    Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:13
I wasnt sure where to post this so here is were i put it.

anywho, as you all know i have that .264 win mag, m700 cdl sf. since i moved to minnesota ( 2001) ive been skunked twice during deer season. 2001 and 2008, in 2001 i partially give credit to the first time in my life that i had hunted out of a stand. i was use to walking all over the mountains in wyoming. after 2001, i shot a deer or two every year until 2008. i brought a new rifle with me almost every season, and usually on opening morning i would kill a deer. 2002 i bought a .300wsm, and i didnt see a deer until the last day of the season, but i killed two of them there. 2003-2007 i shot at least one deer with guns in .300wsm 25wssm 30-06 6.5rem mag and 22-250 my wifes cousin took one with my .280rem in that time as well.

so in the winter of 2007 i bought that .264win mag, i got a decent load set up for it and took it out every day during the 2008 season and didnt see a deer one. well in jan. of 2009 i bought oprah, and in true fashion i killed a deer before 10:00 opening morning, and shot at three more deer during that season.

do you guys believe in  or even own guns like my .264?? guns that you have owned for a while taken hunting several times and never taken an animal with?? i know its not me, ive proven it year after year, i will be willing to bet that when i take that new .300wby with me on opening morning i will take another deer.
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:21
I am for the most part anti karma believer. That being said, I'll add this caveat. I owned a beautiful 30-06 Weatherby rifle I mean it was gorgeous. i hunted with it a few times, and in areas that I knew I would see deer. Never even got a chance to shoot that rifle at a deer. I had it for 10 years, and never even saw a deer when carrying it. I was stolen so I hope that tradition continues. Meanwhile I also had a Marlin 35, that saw quite a few opportunities, as well as the Ruger did, and killed many a deer with both of them. I don't necessarily believe in the bad JU JU thing, but I have to admit, I have heard of such tales too many times to discount it.  
With Freedom comes great responsibility, you cannot have one without the other

An armed public are citizens. A disarmed public are subjects.

OATH KEEPER #8233 Support us, and join our cause.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:26
so what do you suggest i do billy?? i hate to get rid of it, its beautiful rifle and its in a caliber ive always wanted to have. im thinking i will take my .300wby out, and more than likely i will see a deer that morning, and then maybe take the .264 the rest of the season and see if i get skunked again.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:32
If you have a preacher that is a friend of the Catholic faith, have him do some blessing on it. I believe in evil being a deterrent to good fortune. The Bible speaks of such witchery. Rather than get rid of it I would try that.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:34
i was tempted to take it to the "spiritual leader" of the local indian tribe, whom i know pretty well and see if he could do something like that, but then i wasnt sure if he would do such a thing.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:41
Anything can be the bearer of bad spirits, or evil curses. I have every belief that there are any number of antis that work for rifle and ammo manufacturers. Should one of them be an evil spell caster, bad fortune can be passed on through an item so enchanted. My recommendation of a friendly Priest, or such would be my first step if I were you. Make sure they are aware of your belief that such may be the case. When the readily explainable doesn't add up, it's gotta be spiritual. Taken into the field enough and the odds are you should see deer. When this doesn't happen, there's gotta be something else in play.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:42
yeah i just need to figure out what that something is.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
cyborg View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Gaseous Clay

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cyborg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 14:59
I don't believe in karma. I do believe in good vs evil. I know there are evil people amongst us, and inanimate things have no will of their own. This makes them excellent vehicles to carry a curse.

Cyborg
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/22/2010 at 15:04
but why??? this is the part i cannot wrap myself around, it makes no sense.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2010 at 12:15
Maybe deer just don't like being offed with an off-caliber. I know the ones I have shot have always had a look of gratitude that I was was considerate enough to employ a 30-cal. Big Smile
Reaction time is a factor...
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2010 at 12:36
Pyro, perfect solution.  Send it to me with 200 rounds. I will break the curse for you.  I guarantee you I will send it back to you "blooded"...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/13/2010 at 22:31
You can't get rid of the 264, theres only a few of us left using them.  It's just a coincidence, nothing more than that.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 06:19
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Pyro, perfect solution.  Send it to me with 200 rounds. I will break the curse for you.  I guarantee you I will send it back to you "blooded"...

i dont have that much.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 06:20
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

You can't get rid of the 264, theres only a few of us left using them.  It's just a coincidence, nothing more than that.

im not going to get rid of it, i just want to see it work.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 06:37
Originally posted by pyro6999 pyro6999 wrote:

Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

i dont have that much.
OK, 10...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 09:16
Get John to take you out to a PD field with it. There it should make a splash of the red mist.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
martin3175 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 20:22
If only it were a 270 ..Then you'd have taken a new world record buck ......

Look- I have a favorite 30/30 that has never failed to let me down..And a 308 Rem 700 ...Every sticking time I take them out ..I would see more deer my scanning the inside on my eyelids .. It just is what it is ...the odds will catch up with ya and you will drop one with that 264 ( of course sooner if it was a 270 )
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/14/2010 at 20:23
Originally posted by martin3175 martin3175 wrote:

If only it were a 270 ..Then you'd have taken a new world record buck ......

Look- I have a favorite 30/30 that has never failed to let me down..And a 308 Rem 700 ...Every sticking time I take them out ..I would see more deer my scanning the inside on my eyelids .. It just is what it is ...the odds will catch up with ya and you will drop one with that 264 ( of course sooner if it was a 270 )

thats enough noise out of you!Bucky
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 07:16
Bring your cursed .264 down here and hog hunt with me.  While there are no 100% guarantees in hunting, I will guarantee you will have at least 1 opportunity to break the curse.  What you do with that opportunity is up to you.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/15/2010 at 07:54
Texas hog hunting with the .264?  Sounds like you have a date with some bacon Hunter!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic