OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House Part II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 267>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 07:47
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

Well.............I only kept enough for a couple or 3 messes.  Gave my share to a couple of the guys with families who could use it.  Their trip was payed for by some of the others.
That was generous...which sounds like you!Excellent

I love fresh fish but my grandpappy trained me that fish and visitors should be thrown out after 3 days! Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 07:52
Last time I went off-shore out of Ocean City, MD there was 6 of us and we caught 400 pounds of Tuna.  When we got back to the dock the two guys from NYC said there was no way for them to keep any so thaty took a 5 pound chuck of tuna and let the rest of us split it 4 ways.

Everybody on my street (10 houses) and a couple people at work got some fresh tuna that trip!!!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 07:53
  I LUV all seafood.  D'd shame that ALOT of freshwater fish aren't safe to eat.  I live near the S. Branch of the Potomac.  It use to be one of the top smallmouth bass rivers of the east.  Now we're told to limit our consumption to a couple times a month.  NO THANKS.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 08:52
I'm hanging in there! It's my friday so i can't complain at all. We're getting close to the rut up here, so some time in the woods with the bow and shotgun for turkey is coming up!

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 10:05
Mornin Boys,

Did anyone watch the Remington model 700 story last night? Im curious to every ones experience since I have a 5R about to be delivered and Ive got a bid on another one.. Buckyoops
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 10:38
Originally posted by 300S&W 300S&W wrote:

I LUV all seafood.  D'd shame that ALOT of freshwater fish aren't safe to eat.  I live near the S. Branch of the Potomac.  It use to be one of the top smallmouth bass rivers of the east.  Now we're told to limit our consumption to a couple times a month.  NO THANKS.

Ugh... Earl....they say the same thing about Moonshine....Shocked

The river have gotten much better than they used to be!  Susquehanna River is the same way!
The worse poluter on the river and for the whole Chesapeake Bay....Aberdeen Proving Grounds and Edgewood Arsenal!!!  Both are exempt from any discharge restriction.

APG is responsible for thousands of active tank rounds and old aerial bombs along with being the biggest east coast storage/dumping ground for Agent Orange and other Bio-weaponry.
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 10:42
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Mornin Boys,

Did anyone watch the Remington model 700 story last night? Im curious to every ones experience since I have a 5R about to be delivered and Ive got a bid on another one.. Buckyoops

Dang I'm glad you reminded me, Jules!  I was shoppiing for my daughters Birthday (She turned 22 yesterday) and I was standing in the checkout line.  Saw the stroy no hte TV but couldn't hear what is was about.  I'll have to see if it is  on Utube.
--Thomas Jefferson

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 10:59
Scooter has a thread on this going now. I found it after I posted my question....here is WAY more to this then a litle boy getting shot accidently by his Mom, VERY SAD.. Yes it is!
   I saw people setting off the rifles by simply touching the safety, did not even touch the trigger! They interviewed people that used to work for Remy and they TALKED if you know what I mean.. I cannot explain it all in 2 minutes, yes you guys have to watch this show.. Its really not media hype as far as I can tell.....My rifle will be here today, 5R and I will have it checked out close.....
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 11:11
Thanks Jules!  I was searching MSNBC about it and supposedly Remy publiclly acknowledged a design problem back in 1979!!!
--Thomas Jefferson

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 11:17
Yes, and what I understand it was never ever fixed. They would not recall, and for whatever reason it was not changed... Im thinkin they changed the trigger a few years back but it did not resolve the problem, thats what this show was saying......Im curious what happens now, this show last night must have hurt em... It also showed how they were caught in the lie..
Gotta go engrave stuff
Later           
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 11:36
Jules the new X Mark Pro's are a completely different design than the old model from everything ive read and seen. If that show said otherwise they are completely off base.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 11:39
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 13:26
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

I think he's enjoying and abusing his freedom while that broken wagging finger heals! Wink
Roll on Floor Laughing
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 13:28
Originally posted by 308 Sav 308 Sav wrote:

BeltFed which range you go to.
Knob Creek.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 13:33
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

well its a beautiful day in the mountains of NC  love the weather here
I miss Our annaul trips to the Smokies.
I new you couldn't live without your pooter, I beginning to think your a CyborgWink 
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 13:40
Originally posted by shooter07 shooter07 wrote:

Jules the new X Mark Pro's are a completely different design than the old model from everything ive read and seen. If that show said otherwise they are completely off base.

You are probably correct PaulBucky

Funny thing, they never did bring up the new trigger.....I don't really understand,  I mean I would imagine the information they cut loose and the old Remy employees bad mouthing Remington.. Somebody is gonna lose ALOT of money in gun sales.....If you watched it then you would understand what Im saying.....Im not taking sides either way! as Im still not sure what the hell the truth really is.....

Speaking of new triggers, Do you like the  X mark pro trigger Paul?
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 13:50
I really think it has potential. I'm not used to a trigger on a rifle that light. It's set at just over 2.5 lbs. The very first shot i pulled, went off WAY sooner than i expected. Bucky But i posted the pictures from my outing and you got to see what kind of accuracy the rifle has. Trigger has a lot to do with that. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 14:09
I shoot a Sendero from time to time, and I thought it had a lawyer proof trigger on it already. It has got to be set at 8-9 lbs, almost as heavy as an AUG trigger. The trigger is the main reason I can't get groups under 7/8".
I had a friend that went to a Remington armorer's course. He said they talked about the 700 triggers, and that if a rifle came in for any repair and they found that the trigger had been tampered with in any way or replaced with another trigger, they (Remington) would replace the trigger and bill the customer for it.
I wonder if the X-Mark trigger can be used to replace the standard 700 trigger?
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 17:51
" Oh.........pardon me.  I thought this said the House of Wax.  So sorry. "   

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 18:04
Time to dodge airplanesHowdy
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4041424344 267>
  Share Topic