OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House Part II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 267>
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/21/2010 at 18:44
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Time to dodge airplanesHowdy

Good luck Lynn!!
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 07:58

Howdy  HEY,all.
"I ain't got time to bleed!"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 08:29
Happy Friday to ya Earl!!!

What cha got planned for this weekend?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 08:37
  FIREWOOD!!!!!!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 09:11
Just splitting? or cutting and splitting! 

If no chainsaw is involved appears to be nice weather for nipping!! Wink  Boozer
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Average Joe View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Average Joe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 09:53
Going on a Road trip.

Edited by Average Joe - October/22/2010 at 09:57
I'm classic shag nasty type.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 12:13
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Just splitting? or cutting and splitting! 

If no chainsaw is involved appears to be nice weather for nipping!! Wink  Boozer

I only split what I can't handle in the woods.  I have a woodroom under my front porch w/an outside and inside access.  I can get enough wood in it to get me through the winter if I stack it.  I can split what needs it later in the woodroom.

Nipping now.   Bucky
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 13:32
Excellent  At least you waited till after lunch! Wink
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 13:33
Afternoon all.

Earl, you got one of them new fangled hydrolic wood splitters, or do you swing an ax/maul?

May have to gather some firewood myself this weekend; after I mow the roof and yard.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 13:39
COme on Lynn....

Earl's a West Virginny Mountain man!!!
He splits his wood with dinymite! Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 14:04
Earl's older than me, he needs all the help he can get.
After all, old people don't work harder, they (we) work smarter.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 14:09
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Excellent  At least you waited till after lunch! Wink

Embarrased Bucky

Nah,I use a splitting maul.  Might hurt myself with a wood splitter.  Whistling
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 14:13
Ahhh, the wood that worms twice.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 14:14
 Got one each of these:

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 14:20
I got the one on the bottom, and then I bought a 24 ton hydrolic splitter.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 14:32
 I've got access to a hydraulic splitter but I really don't need much wood for the winter.  I'm getting ready to order a tri-axle load of logs though so that hydraulic splitter may look good by next year!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 16:54
Wild fires are smokin the place up. They broke out yesterday. the closest one is on the north side of Fort Knox close to Knob Creek Range. The whole area, even Louisville is in a haze and smells like smoke (kind of a improvement for Loonyville). We NEED RAIN.
300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 17:08

We got 2 1/2" a couple weeks ago BUT now there's talk of high wildfire danger again.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 17:44

We've had less than an inch since July I think. The season started out good but somebody forgot to pay the water bill. It's not unusual to get wildfires on Ft. Knox, it is unusual for them to get so bad that they call in the local Fire dept.s to control them. Had 3 major wildfires in the state yesterday. Their contained now, but some are still burning; Hope we get the rain they're predicting.

300S&W View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 300S&W Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/22/2010 at 17:51

Just heard on the scanner of a brush fire somewheres.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 4142434445 267>
  Share Topic