OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House Part II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 267>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:11
un-eventful.  Yours?
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:16
Was on my buddy's property last friday and had a BIG 8 point about 250 yards right before dark. I wanted to take the shot (we were in a tower overlooking a 12 acre clover plot) with the new 700 .308 but it's his property and he decided he wanted it and ended up missing with a .243. I was a bit pissed because they kill deer every year and that rifle is built for long range shooting. I didn't say anything because he's my best friend but they're real finicky about their deer. I'm not being cocky but i had the cross hairs on him at roughly 250 with zero wind. I'm 98% sure i would have drilled that shot with that rifle.

Oh, well, it was a good day, we saw a ton of deer and turkey but my buddy was pretty dejected. He's a real good shot but i had my doubts with having sat all day in the cold and the fact he had the .243 (and not his short mag version).

The buck had real symmetrical horns and inside spread was about as wide as the tips of his ears.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:18
Get to shoot any of them reloads yet?
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:20
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Get to shoot any of them reloads yet?

Not yet, maybe this Wed-Thursday, when im off.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:23
I've been pretty busy hunting the past week....i'll probably go Wed-Thursday as they're my last 2 days off during rifle. I might come out of the woods during lunch time hours and shoot some reloads G. The deer are only moving real early and real late now so i can afford to take a few hours to do other stuff. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:27
10-4.  Just make sure you let me know.  I figure being we have basically the same rifle mechanically they should do alright. 
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:32
Sup Paul!  Sounds like you have fair grounds to be annoyed at least!!!

My son was hunting a filed where he hada birds eye view of the neighbor who was sitting in a lawn chair in the middle of a field about 30 yards from his house.  Said the guy must of gotten up and walked into the house 7-8 times while he was sitting in his own stand.  Later Saturday someone on that property shot a small doe paralysing the rear legs.  He had to sit in his stand and watch them take 15 extra shots at this doe all missing!!!  Finally hte doe collapsed and 4 of them all ran to it.  It tried to get up again and they all scattered like little girls.  Finally from about 10 feet one of them head shot it.  Dustin watched the whole thing thru his scope.  The idiots fully aware that other hunter were nearby proceeded to filed dress teh der right there.  Dustin was pretty POed cause it ruined half the afternoon hunt.  I told him he should have shot the doe after about the 3rd missed shot just to stop the idiots from scaring every deer for miles.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:41

thats rediculous Bud.  I would agree with yoru suggestion although I am thinking he should have just shot the idiots.

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:43
i hope none of you get this stomach flu that i have right now, its really the sh*ts, literally.Thumbs Down
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:44
Too many of them!  He could never gotten away with it!  that and he wasd a new guest at the neighboring farm and was on good behavior! Cool  People like that shouldn't be allowed to hunt, it give the rest of us a bad name!!!

Edited by budperm - December/06/2010 at 10:45
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:45
I'm not really annoyed. I don't really have the right to be as it's not my place. But they are kinda tight assed regarding the deer up there. Don't get me wrong, very nice people non the less. I was all amped up to take that shot and i think once he saw that it was a real nice buck he decided to take the shot.

That sucks regarding Dustin Bud. Sounds like a bunch of asshole meat hunters, or probably people who just enjoy killing stuff.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:49

Hope you get to feeling better Hunter. 

I'd still be anoyed paul, but understanding too.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:55
Does sound kind of selfish especially for a best friend!  You saw it first right?  Thats the rule as far as I'm concerned!   Whoever sees it first has the choice to take the shot or pass it.  At the very least he is a poor host!
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 10:56
Hunter hope you have a speedy recovery!  Pray the rest of teh family doesn't get it!
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 11:00
they have already had it, well almost all of us. me and gavin were the two sole survivors, then yesterday morning it caught up with me. thanks for the concern guys, i really hope none of you get it. it sucks!
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 11:14
You need a green pickle bucket to keep yourself entertained?Bucky
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 11:19
Actually I could stand to loose a few by explosive decompression.... Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 11:20
Please tell us your not chatting from the powder room! Shocked
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 11:20
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Actually I could stand to loose a few by explosive decompression.... Bucky

ive went through 2 mega rolls of toilet paper, by myself in the last 26hrs. im tired of it.
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/06/2010 at 11:21
Originally posted by budperm budperm wrote:

Please tell us your not chatting from the powder room! Shocked

nope no laptop here
They call me "Boots"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9192939495 267>
  Share Topic