OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House Part II

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 267>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 09:40
Hunting, shooting, chores, other stuff my wife will throw in there! Big Grin
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 09:42

You thinking of getting reloading equipment yet?

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 09:49
Eventually...my dad's started to reload, so ill use that avenue for the time being. I'd like to get the basement finished completely before i make any other big purchases for down there. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 09:55

Understand that completly.  Just remember to save all that brass and send it to me being your not using it right now lol  Just kidding.

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 11:26
Oh, i've got a assload of brass now, .223 mostly but it should come in handy. Seriously though, if you want some let me know and ill ship some down to NC. 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 11:28
I'm just messing with you.  The brass is actually whats holding me up from shipping you some replacement.  Everything i have right now is loaded up but that will be remedied this weekend. Big Grin
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 13:11
Originally posted by shooter07 shooter07 wrote:

Oh, i've got a assload of brass now, .223 mostly but it should come in handy. Seriously though, if you want some let me know and ill ship some down to NC. 

Ammm, Im just wondering Paul, just how much is a assload? Is it like a sh*tload errrr what, buttload maybe? same, same.Big Grin sh*t pile full, kinda like that? or is it more?
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 13:22
Well thankfully the brass isn't anywhere near my ass! Big Grin

But it's not quite as much as sh*t-ton!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 13:30

Thats good.  I guess. 

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 13:31
Been a long drawn out day here.  Slow and irratic in a way.  Few burst of business but not enough to say its been steady.  Makes for long days.

Wonder how Budweena did on his fishing/ eat a lot of crap  trip
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 14:01
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

YAY!!! Lynn learned how to post pictures!
Ahh, no. I'm still learning. They were just to find the way. I'm still having to contact my friend for help. I'd try to post more but I'm at work and all my pictures are still on the home pooter.

Afternoon all.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 14:03
Afternoon sir.  How was the weekend?
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 14:19

I hope Lynn has a assload of picturesBig Grin  hmmm, we shall see Pee Wee....

Im so gimpy today, I cannot see going Elk Hunting this weekend....Itas a good thing I live One Day at a Time, sometimes a minute.. Otherwise I would call my partner and bag the trip! I could barely walk the mile to work. I feel better now that the meds have settled in though..Hell of a way to live though sometimes, oh well, they say it beats the alternative.. Everyone says thats, I wonder what makes them so damn intellegent!!Big Grin

Edited by JF4545 - November/01/2010 at 14:24
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 14:28
Sorry your feelin' rough today Julio
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 14:31
I survived, and nobody got hurtThunbs Up Shot Saturday morning. Shot at a 8"x13" plate at 500yds til the RO started running the range, and the sun came up where it was difficult to see the plate. I even hit the plate more than I missed. I was using up the loads that I had from different lots of the same load, so I had to add or subtract a 1/4 MOA of elevation on some lots. 
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 14:49
Thats cool Lynn, what were you shooting? I guess most of you guys shoot a 308 eh.? 
JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 14:58
UPS just showed up my 4.5x14x44 Rapid Z Zeiss .. Zeiss has the best CS they dont screw around fixing stuff they just replace it NEW... Im very impressed with Zeiss Customer Service..

In another package from Midway I got my first 308 Laupa Brass and a BOG-POD Tri-Pod to take hunting this weekend.. Damn this thing is heavy. Im thinking its only coming with me if Im gonna be sitting on the edge of a meadow or Clearcut somewhere looking for the mystic Wapiti..Big Grin Eithyer that of hire someboody to pack it like on those old Africa hunting shows..  Kinta Koota , Quick, bring my shooting sticks... LOLBucky
Ah hell at least I can chuckle a little.......
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 15:04
Originally posted by JF4545 JF4545 wrote:

Thats cool Lynn, what were you shooting? I guess most of you guys shoot a 308 eh.? 
Savage, 308 Win.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 15:06

What was wrong with your Zeiss Jules? 

JF4545 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JF4545 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/01/2010 at 15:19
Not sure really G,   I could not get it to zero, I ran out of room on one side....Brand new scope too!

Anyway, it about 5 or 6 weeks but I got a new one back..

I really like this new Bog Pod Tri-Pod too, its top of the line if you ask me. Im thinkin its the best of everything Ive looked at..One thing about being crippled up, they make lots of stuff to make it easier for ya IF you have the money, which kinda sucks for those that do not.. I feel bad for alot of folks who are less fortunate than I....

Say Lynn, what Kinda scope you have on yer Savage 308 ? I need to buy one someday for my 5R
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6061626364 267>
  Share Topic