OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Grendel Arrived

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grendel Arrived
    Posted: October/06/2010 at 12:30

Edited by SVT_Tactical - November/30/2010 at 11:32
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 12:31
I am going to stip the lower and rattle can it matte black this weekend I'l tired of the blue.
cpwomack View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cpwomack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 12:43
Looks good, let us know how it shoots.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 13:05
Gonna be a couple weeks before i can get to the range if that but I'll have a report up within the next month or two. 
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 16:33
Good call on getting rid of the blue......doesn't look right on there!
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 16:34
Nice ACOG and rifle though otherwise G. Lets us know how she shoots.

I'm going to do the same with the .308 this Sunday. Will post a report shortly thereafter.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 16:43
sweet!  you get those 120gr  on order?

Bucky Is that the A2 stock your sending me??? Bucky
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 16:44
Paul don't you have some home improvements to do?
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 18:45
Ummmmm no A2's in that photo for you lol  but i will not charge you for drooling at this oneWink
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 18:55
I like the makeshift Hornady front rest you have there G! 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 18:57
its patent pending
308 Sav View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 308 Sav Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 19:16
Looks good have fun
Gerald Baker
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 19:34
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Ummmmm no A2's in that photo for you lol  but i will not charge you for drooling at this oneWink
DARN!  well can't blame a guy for trying!  Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/06/2010 at 20:13
I seen an AR this last weekend, at the match I shot, chambered in a wildcat based on the Grendel. Pretty much the same brass just necked-down to 6mm. It was a shooting some-bugger though! Spitting out 105gr. AMAX at almost 3100fps!
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 06:59
Alexander Arms wants $100 in royalties per 6.5 Grendel so guys are making the .264LBC-AR which is tweaked just enough to not be a grendel but can use teh same brass from what I'm told...and no royalties!

6mm sounds even better, I'm willing to bet the 6mm ballistics is hands down better than the 6.5 or .264 rounds.
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 07:35
Depends on what you want to do with the round really.  I may end up getting a 264LBC barrel if this one doesn't turn out to be a shooter.  As far as the 6mm vs the 6.5  its really again dependent on what you are gonna do with it.  paper punching the 6mm would be better.  Hunting the 6.5 in some cases would be better.  Some issues some are seeing with 6mm chamberings such as the 6x45 is getting brass and relaoding for it.  not as availible as the 6.5.  The LBC chambering has a steeper neck as well which they claim improves accuracy even more than the grendel round.  Time will tell. 
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 08:07
Graham ,you going to camo the entire rifle or just spray the lower blue?
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 08:11
I am going to do away with the blue all together  not sure if I will just matte black the lower reciever to match the rest of get abitious and do some sort of urban camo rattle can on it.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 08:12
WhackoI predict a 12 color camo!!!
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/07/2010 at 08:14
I tend to go...... overboard so I am going to try to show some.... reservation on this.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic