OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

finaly did it I bought a Savage

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: finaly did it I bought a Savage
    Posted: October/26/2010 at 04:37

and satisfied my craving for another wood stocked rifle at the same time Big Grin

Lee Enfield No.4 Mk1 Built by Savage Arms around 1944 best I can tell.
After finaly getting the cosmoline cleaned up it looks a lot better than I originaly thought it would.

Edited by BobC - October/26/2010 at 04:40
tman1965 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tman1965 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 05:47
Thats a nice rifle Bob, and it should serve you very well indeed!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 07:48
Thunbs Up
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/26/2010 at 10:47
Looks like alot of fun!
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
The Apostle View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2010 at 03:02
They don't make rifles like that anymore!!!

Now try and see if you can track down the micrometer aperture sights that can be fitted to it...
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
BobC View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2010 at 04:08
Originally posted by The Apostle The Apostle wrote:

Now try and see if you can track down the micrometer aperture sights that can be fitted to it...

Allready have one on the way.Big Grin
Ed Connelly View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
God of no Chihuahua

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ed Connelly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2010 at 05:45

Bucky

Be sure to visit,

THE ED SHOW

Ju Cucarachas!!!
martin3175 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote martin3175 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/27/2010 at 07:17

piece of history >> very cool

Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2010 at 03:13
Originally posted by BobC BobC wrote:

My favourite gun shop in the city where I live has one of these for sale. It's a Savage like yours and in as good a condition (mint barrel) but this one has the aperture sights!!! If its around when I finally have paid off this layby I currently have then its mine!!!

Does yours have "US Property" on the left side of the receiver???

Edited by The Apostle - October/28/2010 at 03:14
John Howard: "We will find any means we can to further restrict them because I hate guns...ordinary citizens should not have weapons. We do not want the American disease imported into Australia"...
BobC View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BobC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/28/2010 at 04:26

Originally posted by BobC BobC wrote:

My favourite gun shop in the city where I live has one of these for sale. It's a Savage like yours and in as good a condition (mint barrel) but this one has the aperture sights!!! If its around when I finally have paid off this layby I currently have then its mine!!!

Does yours have "US Property" on the left side of the receiver???

Yes it does.  The barrel on this one kind of scared me at first but after a thorough cleaning it looks very good.
I can't wait to try it out.

Edited by BobC - October/28/2010 at 04:29
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Apostle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 03:27

SOLD! Big Grin...to me!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
csacpt View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote csacpt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 11:09
Beautiful rifle, I have three SMLE's and love them. Slickest operating bolt around. Enjoy!

Excellent
Better to die on your feet than live on your knees! "Ready and Forward"

M14 - Forged in Freedom - Proven in Battle
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2010 at 15:31
Not exactly the Savage I pictured in my mind before opening the post but it looks like fun.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic