OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Acog or eotech?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2010 at 07:15
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I like the low power compact ACOG's best and I  have a 1.5x amber triangle and a 3x red crosshair and I like the 1.5x better. I also have a couple of Comp M4s Aimpoints which I like.  The Aimpoint will be on target no matter what your cheekweld or head position is.  I dont care much for the circle dot reticle of the EOTech but they have a wide field of view so they are good for room to room entry guns. The Accupoint 1-4 in a #4 reticle is quite popular but the Post reticle will work with the Bindon aiming concept and the eye will track where the bright triangle goes which makes target acquisition faster.  With practice any of them can be used both eyes open.  I prefer  the La Rue mounts but the GG&G mounts are very nice also.

Ya u like the view on the trijicon better than the one on my other acog, have it narrowed down but might end up parting with thev trijicon just for financial reasons
trjones87 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trjones87 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2010 at 07:50
Originally posted by Urimaginaryfrnd Urimaginaryfrnd wrote:

I like the low power compact ACOG's best and I  have a 1.5x amber triangle and a 3x red crosshair and I like the 1.5x better. I also have a couple of Comp M4s Aimpoints which I like.  The Aimpoint will be on target no matter what your cheekweld or head position is.  I dont care much for the circle dot reticle of the EOTech but they have a wide field of view so they are good for room to room entry guns. The Accupoint 1-4 in a #4 reticle is quite popular but the Post reticle will work with the Bindon aiming concept and the eye will track where the bright triangle goes which makes target acquisition faster.  With practice any of them can be used both eyes open.  I prefer  the La Rue mounts but the GG&G mounts are very nice also.

Got a model number? Having trouble with google
Dale Clifford View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dale Clifford Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2010 at 09:55
Have/use both -- but to me they are so different, not sure why your comparing them? Both eyes should be open in all shooting, handgun, shotgun, rifle, scopes etc. Heads up shooting saw it's advent when the straight stock on ars and point shooting with bb guns became popular with the army during vietnam, Bindon just jumped on the band wagon.
I love little league baseball-- it keeps the kids out of the house
Yogi Bera

ccoker View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ccoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/05/2010 at 10:09
agreed, I shoot both eyes open for everything

www.TacticalGunReview.com

Pro Staff - Silencer Shop

http://tacticalgunreview.com

bigdtd View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdtd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2010 at 18:50
i have an eotech 516 on my sig 556 classic swat. as mentioned before no amplification of the view but very fast to acquire the target and less than one hundred yards is an awesome sight. the cr123 batteries last for years in this model and the brightness adjusts for different light conditions. it has a built in mount with one thumbscrew to attach. very sturdy. it was a great improvement over iron sights and a good value. i will get a 1-4X probably next. i would get the trijicon but i am waiting for the ss swfa model. then maybe a high power ss tactical scope to finish things off to reach out and touch varmints long range. i feel this is a logical order to get an up close sight, a medium range sight and the a longe range sight as my experience with the gun increases.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/11/2010 at 20:44
TA442
Trijicon 1.5x16 Compact Acog Rifle Scope Amber Triangle Trijicon 1.5x16 Compact Acog Rifle Scope
Stock # - TA442
  • Amber Triangle
  • Free Lens Cleaning Pen w/ Purchase
$909.95

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - November/12/2010 at 09:31

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Old Glory View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Old Glory Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/12/2010 at 08:14
Hi I have an ACOG, EOTECH, and an Accupoint.  I tried a red dot scope but because of my astigmatism the dot is blurry.  As stated in other posts Aimpoint v. EOTECH are for close range and you should go with the one you like better.

I love my ACOG 4x chevron it is fast and built like a tank.  I would buy another.

I like my EOTECH and it is on my short range set up.

The Accupoint 1-4 gives you a great compromise between close range and medium range.  I love mine and will get another.
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 11:37
For ME---I can't stand the Trijicon's reticles. Maybe that would change if I ever actually used one and shot some with it, but I'm still a loss as to where the bullet impact would be with their reticles.

You are going to get the "Ford vs Chevy" debate when it comes to red dots. Again, everyone like this or that for xyz reason. From everything I've read, Aimpoints get the high marks. I've got a friends EOTech, but I haven't even mounted it on my AR yet. I like the fast aquisition EOTechs bring but I DO NOT like the fuzziness/blurriness they have. The only thing you can change is the intensity of the light. With a $500+ sight I find this UNACCEPTABLE. Would it really matter when killing zombies? Probably not, but with others out there, I seriously doubt I get an EOTech unless they clear up their reticle.

I was actually thinking of getting a M223 Nikon scope thats ballisticly dialed in for the 5.56/.223 round. I was also considering putting a "Red dot of my choice" on the side. Yea, I'd have to hold it "gangsta style" for close encounters, but I feel that this would give me the best of both worlds. I would have the capablility of long range and if a Zombie snuck up on me, I just tilt the AR to the left, look thru the red dot and BAM....dead Zombie! I think I saw in some magazine someone having an EOTech on the side is what gave me the idea.

I'm most likely gonna get a Vortex Sparc or Strikefire for $$$ reasons. But I've heard good things about the Sparc. I'm waiting on SVTs review of the Strikefire to see his thoughts.

These are just my thoughts, hope it helps---Bboy623

I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
bigdtd View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bigdtd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 14:34
wear your glasses and the fuzziness goes away!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 15:32
Originally posted by Bboy623 Bboy623 wrote:

For ME---I can't stand the Trijicon's reticles. Maybe that would change if I ever actually used one and shot some with it, but I'm still a loss as to where the bullet impact would be with their reticles.

It would impact a where ever on the reticle you sight it in to impact.  Wink

On the triangle the tip of it is actually a smaller aimpoint than a lot of duplex type reticles.  That is really where you should sight it from in the tip of the reticle.  THe other reticles should be pretty obivous as they are just like any other reticle out there.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 18:08
Originally posted by bigdtd bigdtd wrote:

wear your glasses and the fuzziness goes away!

ha ha....Don't wear glasses(and don't need to). But seriously, I think that Eotech could fix this!

As fas as Trijicons, again, I'd have to shoot some with one for it to change my mind.--Bboy623

Edited by Bboy623 - November/16/2010 at 18:09
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic