OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Vortex Strikefire

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mdstevens1370 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Vortex Strikefire
    Posted: November/15/2010 at 22:16
Wanting feedback on the Strikefire. I'm not going to spend a whole lot of money on this red dot. It's going on just a plinking AR.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 08:44
I have one I got on trade but haven't ran it yet.  I plan on running it through some testing over the thanksgiving holiday weekend if you want to wait til then there will be a review posted up the followind monday morning with pictures.  I have heard they do very well.
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 11:09
Happy turkey day early SVT! I don't know if you've had the chance to use a Vortex Sparc, but if you have, I'd like your thought between the Strikefire & sparc.----BBoy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 11:11
I'll see if I can locate one. 
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 13:48
I have a SPARC inbound so I will get the review and thoughts on paper by the week after thanksgiving.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 13:55
I had one.  It had some problems sent it back to Vortex got a new one.  The new one was better but I still did not care for it.  The dot seemed to dim for me and I would lose it when moving from target to target or trying to follow a moving target.  I sold it and got a Trijicon 1-4x.  Don't have any trouble finding the reticle in it. 

The aimpoint is a much better optic in that regard.  But it should be for the added cost Bucky
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Bboy623 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bboy623 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 18:12
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

I had one.  It had some problems sent it back to Vortex got a new one.  The new one was better but I still did not care for it.  The dot seemed to dim for me and I would lose it when moving from target to target or trying to follow a moving target.  I sold it and got a Trijicon 1-4x.  Don't have any trouble finding the reticle in it. 

The aimpoint is a much better optic in that regard.  But it should be for the added cost Bucky

+1...wish I had an endless supply of $$$$. I'd love to just be able to buy whatever I wanted in optics!--BBoy623
I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6!
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/16/2010 at 19:40
Had a strikefire (got it right when they came out: mistake #1), it failed the first time in the field.  Sent it back, got a new one, sold it immediately.

Not worth the risk, buy an Aimpooint.  The Burris isn't bad, I had one of theirs and was pleasantly surprised.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic