OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Mounts & Accessories > Tripods, sun shades, lens covers, etc.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

best laser boresighter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote onfinal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: best laser boresighter?
    Posted: November/28/2010 at 18:23
I'm in the market for a good laser boresighter. Until just lately I've had excellent results with my Leupold Zero Point Magnetic boresighter, but I bought a Remington M700 CDL (.243) and Zeiss Conquest 3-9x40 and the Leupold ZP is now giving me very erroneous zeroing information. I finally double checked scope and bore the old fashioned way last night by removing bolt, centering on a target about 35' away, then moving the Zeiss reticle to the same spot. This method has me removing almost all the right correction the Leupy ZP had me crank in.

I want to double check with a decent laser boresighter, but don't know that much about which is best as the Leupold ZP has never failed me before and I didn't need one. Looks like I do now. Is there a well built, reliable, accurate laser boresighter for under $100?

I would appreciate any thoughts and recommendations. Thanks.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2010 at 20:11
Forget the bore sighter  get on the range at 25 yds and see where it hits on paper then correct it to the center then move to 100 yds and fine tune it to zero at 100 then move to 200 to see what you get there and set 200 as a zero if you wish then test at other distances.   Then take it to the range every month of more often and see what you get before too long you will know exactly what to expect at different distances.  Time on the range is well spent.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
demo_slug View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote demo_slug Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2010 at 23:27
I have a bushnell laser bore sighter. they can be got for 25 dollars. Smile comes with all the attachments.  it has never failed to get me on paper at 100 yards. it usually gets me within 10 inches. 

it can not be used in broad daylight. and I use it at 25 feet. the elevation has to be compensated by an inch, it comes with a cheap paper target to deal with the elevation compensation. .

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic