OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > SWFA's Hot Deals and Promotions > Check Here Often
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Topic Closed**OVER** savings on Burris SHOTCAM $600 OFF!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/22/2010 at 17:11
My 3 shotcams made it to their new home sound and safe. A big thanks to Chris and Dan for making it so, prior to Xmas.

It's now time to wish my SWFA forumites a merry Xmas and a very happy new year. Enjoy your family and friends while shooting it up in style!!

Edited by gcp - December/22/2010 at 17:13
gcp
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2010 at 17:38
Got Mine a few days ago put one on an 870 and one on a CZ took both out blasted some rounds they both kept snug tried to take some videos/pics w/out reading the manual haven't yet played with them downloaded with the usb didn't take any pics of them mounted will see If I can get some up in some down time.  will mount one on a HK91 Variant for giggles maybe AK as well.  The laser out of the box was pretty spot on for the pistol not so so for the 870 but that is obvious as to why...

I do like the battery compartment the connector compartment is a little goofy they could have worked on that a little.

Over all way to over engineered just to many small parts to be lost and to have to unscrew something to plug it in and lose the screw or lose the whole cover plate.

I will agree built like a tank in someways the backlit screen is pretty neat the power button is not that easily accessible from the position I am used to...

What kinda holster could you get to use this for practice draws and plinking that would be easy to holster and draw?

UBBERCOOL I guess but should be fun to help assist teaching or doing drills or plinking hitting cans or pop or resetable targets, .

The flashlight is a little weak compared to what I am used to but that might be due to the battery and life maybe they wanted more run time vs. brighter.

However did they come up with such a compact little thing of nothingness...  Wonder if the team is still employed.

Does anyone know if they were every used Contractually or by any "Civilian" LEO or PDepts.

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - December/23/2010 at 17:51
No one
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2010 at 18:10
Took mine out to range today. Mounted on a Taurus 24/7 Pro with the 4.2" barrel, chambered in .45. 
 First round at 12yards. Target on the right. Overall I am pretty impressed with the device. Mostly the weapon is for the wife, and she likes it also. Forgot ear plugs, so it hurt to bad to really shoot a lot. Will post more later.

If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
02Silver View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/23/2010 at 22:29
Mine won't be opened until Christmas.  Just as well about to start a serious run of work days so no time to shoot anyway.  I will have the instructions and meddled with it time done before I get to use it correctly.  Ordered the third one for a friend.  Told his wife not to let him open it until they did Christmas.

How do you mount a rail on a hunting rifle without getting too ugly with the wood?

Thanks for the quick shipping as usual.

Richard
wjpjr View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 05:21
With a picatinny mount system you can do just about anything in the way of mounting !
You can do a e-bay search there are 1000's of mounts . I was thinking of something like this on a scope mount for my rifle keeping the controls close to hand .

A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in
And how many want out
Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you
Jesus Christ
The American G.I
BeTheBall View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 10:00
I just got mine and I am having issues installing it.  It's Christmas eve so no tech support is available, so I figured I'd ask here:

Software app installs fine, but "PistolCam Bulk Device" and the "PistolCam Video Device" drivers will not install properly. 

I'm using Windows 7 - has anyone been able to successfully install it on Windows 7?

Thanks for your help!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 10:09
Is your windows 7 64 bit or 32 bit?  I dare bet the drivers are for 32 bit operating systems.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeTheBall View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 10:13
It's 64 bit, but typically programs install as 32bit.  The error I am getting when I try to manually install the drivers is that the "Windows found driver software for your device but encountered an error while attempting to install it: PistolCam Video Device"

Then it says "The system cannot find the file specified".

This is soooo frustrating!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 10:16
Windows 7 64 bit will install 32 bit software and apps just fine.  But drivers are a different story and they have to be 64 bit to work with that system.  I am betting that is your problem

I looked on the Burris website and did some searches, but came up with nothing.

Do an explore on the disc and see if it has a 64 bit driver file in it.  Lots of times there are two files, one labeled x86(which is 32 bit) and one that is 64bit.

Edited by supertool73 - December/24/2010 at 10:19
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
BeTheBall View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/24/2010 at 10:21
Thanks, I did that but there is only one dll file and it's for 32 bit.  The other files give no indication of what they are for.

I guess I'll have to wait until Monday to call Burris :(
Deucefirearms View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/25/2010 at 17:04
I just tried to install and had the same problem. I am running Vista 64 bit. 
J_Man_66 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/26/2010 at 00:00
Man i hate i missed one of these! 
Deucefirearms View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2010 at 20:25
My issue does have to do with the 32 bit driver on my 64 bit system. I put the software on my old laptop and had zero issues. I will have to download on my old laptop then transfer the files to my main computer. 
BeTheBall View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2010 at 20:37
I spoke with Burris tech support today and they told me that the shotcam software support up to windows XP.  Yes that is 2 versions ago.  They also told me that since the shotcam is discontinued, they have no plans to support any newer operating systems.

I got an RMA to send it back, but it looks like I have to pay the shipping myself...
husker77.chantilly View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/27/2010 at 20:55
Even with the lack of "current Windows" capatibility, I'd still like to purchase two of these at the offered price.  Please PM me if you're willing to relinquish ownership due to the windows issue.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 21:33
So far I cant get mine to hook up either.  Vista Home Premium 32 bit.  I'll keep trying but this is typical of my Burris experiences.  No Clue

Device driver software was not successfully installed
Pistol Cam Null Device  Ready to use
USB Composite Device Ready to use
Pistol Cam Video Device Ready to use
Pcam  Failed  

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - December/29/2010 at 21:52

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 22:11
Judging from what I've read USB v1.1 and now OS only supported up to Windows XP I dare say this is an older product that was priced to move at an incredible price.

For those who can't run the older Burris application on their Vista and Windows 7 machines you can try the link below for a possible simple fix.

For Vista users (will work for Windows 7 users too):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JyrHZyuJDg0

Windows 7 users can also download XP virtualization from Microsoft for free. This is more involved but a good app to have.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/install-and-use-windows-xp-mode-in-windows-7

Then there's VMware.  Wink

Edited by mike650 - December/29/2010 at 22:12
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2010 at 22:23
YOU must hold your mouth just right when installing this program.
Success.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Ben Diss View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2010 at 07:25
I got it to work with Win7 64-bit.  The drivers are not signed, so you have to disable enforcement of signatures.

1. Reboot Windows.  Hold F8 and choose 'Disable driver signature enforcement...'. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Advanced-startup-options-including-safe-mode
2. Install the software.
3. Connect the Shotcam.  When it says it's looking for the drivers on Windows Update, click cancel or skip.
gcp View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2010 at 13:04
No problem on this end with the Vista install but my issues have been a bit different. My shotcam's battery won't hold charge so I called Burris and they are shipping me a new one, their tech said they've had a few battery issues. Beyond that I've not been able to mount the shotcam onto my Taurus Judge because the Laserlyte rail that's supposed to be designed for this particular pistol, once installed per the directions, won't allow the cylinder to open/rotate, plus the mount once tightened installs slanted. One hell of a nice design they've got going Whacko
gcp
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3456>
  Share Topic