OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - BSA Goldstar - 94% light transmission, 6x erector
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

BSA Goldstar - 94% light transmission, 6x erector

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: BSA Goldstar - 94% light transmission, 6x erector
    Posted: January/14/2011 at 08:47
BSA Optics Launches New Goldstar™ Riflescope Line

Fort Lauderdale, Fla - Gamo Outdoor USA (www.gamooutdoorusa.com), parent company of BSA Optics (www.bsaoptics.com) has launched a new line of 6X zoom rifle scopes, backed by an industry leading CEO Signature Lifetime Full Warranty.

The Goldstar™ line represents the pinnacle of BSA® performance optics, with exceptional clarity, resolution and 94% light transmission. The 6X zoom system, EZ Hunter reticle, fully multi-coated optics and precision low profile W/ E adjustment offer a complete package for the dedicated hunter. There are four Goldstar™ models, GS16X20; GS212X44; GS318X44SP; and GS424X50SP.

The Goldstar™ line will also come with an industry leading CEO Signature Lifetime Full Warranty, (more information below.)

All models in the Gold Star™ line include:
- 6X Zoom
- Fully multi-coated optics
- Light Transmission: 94%
- Generous 4" eye relief
- Fast focus eyepiece
- BSA® EZ Hunter reticle
- Tube Diameter: 25.4mm / 1"
- CEO Signature Lifetime Full Warranty

GS16X20 SPECS:
Magnification: 1-6X
Obj. Lens Diameter: 24
Exit Pupil Range: 20 - 1.3
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 120-20
Parallax Setting (yards): 100
Max. Elevation/Windage (ft/100 yards): 40-40
Suggested Retail Price: $249.95

GS212X44 SPECS:
Magnification: 2-12X
Obj. Lens Diameter: 44
Exit Pupil Range: 22 - 3.6
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 60 - 10
Max. Elevation/Windage (ft/100 yards): 35-35
Suggested Retail Price: $269.95

GS318X44SP SPECS:
Magnification: 3-18X
Exit Pupil Range: 14.66 - 2.44
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 40 - 6.8
Parallax Setting (yards): 25 (SP)
Max. Elevation/Windage (ft/100 yards): 30-30
Suggested Retail Price: $289.95

GS424X50SP SPECS:
Magnification: 4-24X
Obj. Lens Diameter: 50
Exit Pupil Range: 12.5 - 2.1
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 29.8 - 5
Parallax Setting (yards): 25 to infinity
Max. Elevation/Windage (ft/100 yards): 35-35
Suggested Retail Price: $299.95

CEO SIGNATURE LIFETIME FULL WARRANTY
BSA® is proud to offer a new breed of optics worthy of an unprecedented warranty. For every BSA® Majestic® DX or Goldstar™ model purchased, Gamo Outdoor USA CEO Lou Riley has personally signed a "No Questions Asked" warranty, offering free repair or replacement on any defects in materials or workmanship. No warranty card is required and no time limit applies. More details are available on ww.bsaoptics.com.

Gamo Outdoor USA is a leading consumer products company that designs, manufactures and markets a diverse portfolio of outdoor sporting goods products under such world class brands as GAMO®, BSA Optics®, Laser Genetics®, Aftermath®, Stunt Studios® and is the exclusive distributor of BSA Guns™ and Kahles®. Gamo Outdoor USA products are sold at Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Midway USA, Academy Sports + Outdoor, Dick's Sporting Goods, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain, Mills Fleet, Sports Authority, Scheels and other fine retail outdoor and sporting goods stores. For more information, visit www.gamooutdoorusa.com; Facebook.com/GamoOutdoorUSA; Twitter.com/GamoOutdoor; and YouTube.com/GamoOutdoor.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 08:49
Had a chance to handle one yet Chris? impressions?
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 11:29
I suppose everyone is jumping onto the high erector ratio bandwagon.

Are you sure you got the elevation/windage adjustment range units correctly? 40ft at 100 yards for the 1-6x?

The specs generally look very good, but we'll see how these perform.  There have been some decent scopes finally coming out of China (though not by BSA), perhaps this is another one.  However, I'll reserve judgement until I have some hands on time with them.

ILya
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 11:34
Even if its a fantastic scope, I think BSA is going to have a hard time shaking the stigma of providing low cost, mediocre optics.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:06
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Are you sure you got the elevation/windage adjustment range units correctly? 40ft at 100 yards for the 1-6x?

ILya

I just copied and pasted it from their press release.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:22
I think they have already ruined the name brand.  Ive been tempted to try one of their sweet series scopes but the only BSA I had wouldnt hold zero had glass that a coke bottle would have improved and subsequently went into the burn barrel at the range. Down the Toilet

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:24
the sweet 223 i had held zero fine and was actually somewhat clear.  I think buds using a sweet 223 now.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:25
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

ILya

I just copied and pasted it from their press release.

Well, either they screwed up on the press release and it should be inches at 100 yards, or the numbers are correct and I can guarantee that the image quality will be horrible with that kind of an adjustment range.

ILya
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:29
I was just trying to make one work on a 22, I'd be hard pressed to try to run one on a real rifle.  Meanwhile I still have a Tasco 3-9 on a .375 H&H that has worked as designed without failure.  There are some cheap scopes that do work and some expensive ones that fail but your odds are better as the cost increases.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - January/14/2011 at 12:30

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 12:29
Here is another release.

BSA Optics Launches New Majestic® DX Riflescope Line
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. - Gamo Outdoor USA (www.gamooutdoorusa.com), parent company of BSA Optics (www.bsaoptics.com) has unveiled a new series of accurate and durable riflescopes for the most dedicated hunters. Majestic DX riflescopes offer 92% light transmission and are backed by an industry leading - CEO Signature Lifetime Full Warranty.

The Majestic® DX is a newly designed 1-piece tube, with multi-coated optics, offering the shooter a crisp, clear sight picture. A ballistic compensating EZ Hunter reticle completes this accurate and durable scope made for the most dedicated hunters. The Majestic® DX scopes come in five models, the MDX39X40; MDX3510X44; MDX3510X50; MDX416X44SP; and MDX624X44SP.

The Majestic® DX line will also come with an industry leading CEO Signature Lifetime Full Warranty, (more information below.)

All models in the Majestic® DX line include:
- Fully multi-coated optics
- 92% Light Transmission
- Generous 4" eye relief
- Fast focus eyepiece
- BSA® EZ Hunter reticle
- Max. Elevation/Windage (ft/100 yards): 30-30
- Tube Diameter: 25.4mm / 1"
- CEO Lifetime Limited Warranty

MDX39X40 SPECS:
Magnification: 3-9X
Obj. Lens Diameter: 40
Exit Pupil Range: 13-4.4
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 31-13
Suggested Retail Price: $124.95

MDX3510X44 SPECS:
Magnification: 3.5-10X
Exit Pupil Range: 12.5-4.4
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 34-12
Suggested Retail Price: $169.95

MDX3510X50 SPECS:
Magnification: 3.5-10X
Obj. Lens Diameter: 50
Exit Pupil Range: 14.2-5.0
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 34-12
Suggested Retail Price: $179.95

MDX416X44SP SPECS:
Magnification: 4-16X
Exit Pupil Range: 8-4
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 45-7.3
Parallax Setting (yards): 15 to infinity
Suggested Retail Price: $209.95

MDX624X44SP SPECS:
Magnification: 6-24X
Exit Pupil Range: 7.33-1.8
Field of View @ 100 Yards: 41-6
Parallax Setting (yards): 15 to infinity
Suggested Retail Price: $219.95

CEO SIGNATURE LIFETIME FULL WARRANTY
BSA is proud to offer a new breed of optics worthy of an unprecedented warranty. For every BSA Majestic or Gold Star model purchased, Gamo Outdoor USA CEO Lou Riley has personally signed a "No Questions Asked" warranty, offering free repair or replacement on any defects in materials or workmanship. No warranty card is required and no time limit applies. More details are available on ww.bsaoptics.com.

Gamo Outdoor USA is a leading consumer products company that designs, manufactures and markets a diverse portfolio of outdoor sporting goods products under such world class brands as GAMO®, BSA Optics®, Laser Genetics®, Aftermath®, Stunt Studios® and is the exclusive distributor of BSA Guns™ and Kahles®. Gamo Outdoor USA products are sold at Cabela's, Bass Pro Shops, Midway USA, Academy Sports + Outdoor, Dick's Sporting Goods, Big 5 Sporting Goods, Gander Mountain, Mills Fleet, Sports Authority, Scheels and other fine retail outdoor and sporting goods stores. For more information, visit www.gamooutdoorusa.com; Facebook.com/GamoOutdoorUSA; Twitter.com/GamoOutdoor; and YouTube.com/GamoOutdoor.
gglass View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gglass Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 21:41
Originally posted by lucytuma lucytuma wrote:

Even if its a fantastic scope, I think BSA is going to have a hard time shaking the stigma of providing low cost, mediocre optics.

Let's not forget that it was a mediocre optics company like Tasco that brought us the Super Sniper.

Any of these companies today could manufacture, or have one manufactured for them, a masterpiece scope. The biggest difference between all of the scope manufacturers is where they decide to position themselves in the market.

Having said that, I'll reserve judgement on the new BSA scopes until I see some real world reviews... It is BSA after all. Wink

"Let me guess... This isn't about the alcohol or tobacco."
Smokey53119 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smokey53119 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/14/2011 at 22:54
Tried to see if the warranty was transferrable.  Kind of fitting that the copied and pasted link to their website doesn't work

TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/15/2011 at 13:11
Originally posted by Smokey53119 Smokey53119 wrote:

Tried to see if the warranty was transferrable.  Kind of fitting that the copied and pasted link to their website doesn't work

lol, it's missing one of the three w's at the front.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 14:02
Anyone had their hands on one of these yet?  Just curious if they've lived up to the hype and are worth a crap or if they lived up to the stigma that is BSA
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 15:36
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Anyone had their hands on one of these yet?  Just curious if they've lived up to the hype and are worth a crap or if they lived up to the stigma that is BSA

I saw them at SHOT.

ILya
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 15:50

what did you think of them?  I can go back and read your shot report but anything to highlight?

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/28/2011 at 16:37
hmmm...

I think I will let somebody else be the guinea pig.
-Matt
yonkerss View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote yonkerss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/03/2012 at 00:05
Any updates on these, anyone try one?

Wondering how it would hold up on a 300 RUM....
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic