OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

You Know You're In Texas When.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 473>
Author
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 08:50
Ed, have you ever eaten at Dick's Last Resort in Dallas? I was there a number of times when the Shot Show was held there. It could very well be gone now.

Bandito

When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 08:53
Originally posted by JGRaider JGRaider wrote:

No offense, but the owner doesn't really care what you, me, or anyone else likes or thinks.  I like that.  If your not in line for lunch by 11:15 am you'll be waiting about an hour, so obviously there are many more that like his policies than dislike it. 

Son of ED.......It's in Midland, TX.

I ran an oilfield dozer in Midland, Tx.  Also ran The Place, The Other Place, and Another Place...

And the owner and I would be in concert, because I really don't care what he thinks, either... except that he has a flawed and hypocritical outlook...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 13:23
Flawed in your world maybe, not mine, nor more importantly, his.  He does very well without your help, or mine.  

When were you in Midland?  
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 13:33
a few years back... when I was still operating heavy equipment and managing bars...

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
JGRaider View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JGRaider Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 13:59
If you're ever back let me know.  I'll buy you the biggest steak dinner around.  
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 14:10
Ed, how is your friend whose house was cratered by the SUV? You didn't say. I hope he and his family is o.k.

I've seen signs much like the one above that said something like "we refuse service to anyone whose pants are drooping below their ass." I can appreciate that. Every time I see some punk wearing their pants that way, I have to bite my tongue to keep from telling them how effin' stupid they look.
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 15:03
I just go ahead and tell them... mostly I just laugh at them...

JG, I drove a truck with an "odd" looking object through there a couple of years ago.  Likewise, if you are ever in the HSV area, let me know.  

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/11/2013 at 22:01

Let's see....

...I never ate Dick's Last Resort.....

...I got lost in Midland once for two hours ( going the wrong way 'round the loop thinking I was going the opposite direction....Bucky )

...I once got my leg caught underneath the fender of a D9 caterpillar while it was moving, and the motion of the tread was pulling on my leg and I couldn't pull it out....and the operator couldn't hear me yelling over the exhaust!!  Big Grin

...Kickboxer is an 'odd object'.....

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 01:42

And you....with such a straight edge to measure by.....  Laugh
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 07:23
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 07:39

Conlen, Texas   

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 07:49

" Well, folks, we're comin' into Conlen.....uh....nevermind....that was Conlen back there! "  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 08:32

A little blizzard in Dalhart, Texas in March 2009......Conlen was missing for two weeks.....

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 08:37

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 08:39
I think Conlen is STILL missing...

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 08:57

Union Pacific Depot in Dalhart [ former Rock Island Line depot ]  

UP Challenger steams through Dalhart.  I have never seen this locomotive. 

Depot in Tucumcari, New Mexico.  The first trip I ever took as a brakeman was down here.  

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 09:05

That first trip to Tucumcari was in February and it was colder than hell and lots of snow.  

File:Tucumcari Mountain, Quay County, New Mexico, 2011b.jpg

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 09:10
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

I think Conlen is STILL missing...

Embarrased      I had my Conlen cleansed once...
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/12/2013 at 09:39

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/13/2013 at 12:33

Palacios, Texas  

Collegeport Texas  

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 3233343536 473>
  Share Topic