OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > The Ed Show
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

You Know You're In Texas When.....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434435436437438 473>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2021 at 15:40
Early in my career, we had some nasty winters. Had an ice storm one night, and I came up on a stranded motorist on an interstate ramp. Of course the ramp was banked and the stranded motorist was on the up hill side of the bank with me behind him. Stepped out of my car and just standing still, I slid to the other side of the road.
I like snow most times, but I hate ice storms anytime.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/16/2021 at 19:08
Welp, I just spent 38 hours without power....  Say What

Texas is having an electricity disaster. Meghan and her Mom are THREE DAYS without power. They give them an hour of electricity now and then. But they got a fireplace and a generator...they're trying to keep the pipes from freezing. I think it was 3 degrees up in DFW yesterday. 

My apartment was down to 43 degrees inside this morning. I finally got power. Hopefully it's permanent. 

We got 4-5 inches of snow in Waco. I was driving around in it yesterday. DFW of course is a freaking disaster.

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 05:46
Damn Ed!!!!  Hope you had a good supply of Rum on hand.... Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 05:59
God save the Empire!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 06:07
Craig, those are his empties.  He's just saving them for a good waterfall....
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 08:37
And those are just the ones he lets us see Bud!
God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 08:48

https://thewashingtonstandard.com/brace-for-cold,-water,-and-cell-power-outages-in-Texas.....(locusts next week...) 

Image result for old testament locusts

Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 12:49
Eduardo, always the optimist....
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 13:21
Image result for oliver hardy look

No water 30 minutes ago.....I don't know what's going on....

Image result for ten commandments moses bible

Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 15:03
Some disaster happened in someone's apartment and the water is shut off in our building until tomorrow. I just drove out on the ice skating rink and bought some water.  

Black Plague scheduled for Friday. 
Visit the Ed Show
Dogger View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dogger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 15:06
 ...... these 15, oh, 10...10 commandments

God save the Empire!
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 15:18
Excellent
Visit the Ed Show
Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 15:21
Image result for comics

Visit the Ed Show
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 15:44
I've been unable to reach OT for the last two days... sent Eduardo a text and 5 minutes later it was fixed.  Thank you, Ed.  
You are worth every PENNY we pay you...
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 15:52
But he's paid in Rum....

--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 15:53
Eduardo, The perpetual traveler....  Takes his black cloud with him where-ever he goes...
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 16:00
That reminds me, I have to run out to the curb and check my gumball machine....it's payday......   Big Grin
Visit the Ed Show
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 16:11
Oh Boy, time to buy some rolling supplies...

--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 16:15
Originally posted by Son of Ed Son of Ed wrote:

That reminds me, I have to run out to the curb and check my gumball machine....it's payday......   Big Grin

For the love of God! Put some pants on first this time....
--Thomas Jefferson

Son of Ed View Drop Down
Chuck Norris
Chuck Norris

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Son of Ed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/17/2021 at 16:28
Welp, Waco is totally full of squished down snow....it's all ice...my All-Terrain tires are doing great...I'm real proud of them.... I had to switch from Mud and Snows because of balancing issues....seeing as how I'm in Texas...but these Firestones are doing okay.... My next set will be Falken All-Terrain, they're supposed to be good in SNOW and Mud, too.....

Image result for falken wildpeak at3w

Visit the Ed Show
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 434435436437438 473>
  Share Topic