OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Elite 3000?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akpls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Elite 3000?
    Posted: December/17/2005 at 20:15
I've come across a Bushnell Elite 3000 3x9 on a rifle (7x57) that I'm looking to buy.  I'm assuming that this is the predecessor to the 3200.  Anyone have any thoughts on this scope.  It looks to be in "like new" condition.
Acenturian View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Acenturian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2005 at 20:21
No optics expert here but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once and I tend to read up on things LOL  From what I have gathered the Elite 3000 was under the name of Bausch & Lomb and yes it was the predecessor to the 3200 Elite, just as there was a 4000 Elite = 4200 Elite. The 3200 & 4200 Bushnell Elites have the rain guard upgrade but otherwise about the same scopes.
If You're In A Fair Fight, You Didn't Plan It Properly

- Anonymous

Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2005 at 20:27
You are correct in that it is the predecessor to the 3200 series. The 3000, to the best of my knowledge, are under the B&L name and differ only in the fact that they lact the Rainguard lens coatings. I have two of the B&L 4000 scopes and they have been through an awful lot of abuse and are still performing like new.
akpls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akpls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2005 at 20:39
It may have said Bausch & Lomb - I didn't have my glasses on.  Which is why I need to use scopes now!  
Roy Finn View Drop Down
Steiner Junkie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Roy Finn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/17/2005 at 20:41
We feel your pain!!!
esldude View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote esldude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/19/2005 at 21:57

I have one in 4-12.  Bausch & Lomb that is.  Very nice scope. 

Adjustments work great.  Good glass, with okay, not great coatings.  Apparently has all lens surfaces

single coated.  So it is very clear, but not as bright as a 4000/4200 or things like Nikon Monarchs,

Weaver Grand Slam.  Doesn't handle flare from say near sunset/sunrise times as well as multi-coated

optics. Though it isn't terrible in this regard.

A step down from the best, but very good.

Mine is glossy, has been mounted on several different rifles.  Still has no marks on it.  And I purchased

it used. 

akpls View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote akpls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/20/2005 at 21:04
It is indeed "Bausch & Lomb."  I bought the rifle with scope and there it was in big, gold letters, "Bausch & Lomb Elite."  I agree with esldude, it's clear, but not quite as bright as others I have - Monarchs, Kahles, etc.  It's still a keeper though.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic