OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Who Manufactures The Super Sniper Scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote feklar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 19:19
Ok...so where are they on the 2011 scope chart?  You know the one with brand names like zeiss and swarovski on the top and barska on the bottom?

Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 21:13
The new models would easily be up around  Zeiss Conquest  Leupold VX3 Bushnell 4200 but below the high end Euro $$$ scopes and way above middle of the road. The old models just a tad below that level but quite useable with the 6x being the best of them that I have had and the 12x being the only model I have not had.

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - June/26/2013 at 20:00

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
helo18 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/09/2011 at 22:46
My SS 3-9 beats my 4200 3-9 in every aspect in my opinion.  I am not saying the 4200 is not a nice scope, but I put the SS above the 4200 in the ratings myself.  Can't comment on the Conquest or the VX3 since I don't have either.
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
Plange View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2011 at 14:28
Very nice response Chris,

The bottom line is that it is a world economy out there and it will never be "like the old days" again. When we went to design and build our scope we could not even find a simple 8mm screw that was made in the USA- oh there were many places we could buy them but the actual screw was made overseas- it isn't cost effective anymore to make certain things in house or in country.

That said, the bottom line with any company is what it is willing to spend on the design of the product, manufacture, QC and distribution and still hit a certain price point and be able to keep the doors open.

If the company that spec'c the design can keep a good QC on the product and keep the manufacturer honest then you should have a good product- if that company does due diligence on this then I myself would have no problem purchasing anything from them.

From what I have seen the SS scope line is very good for money which in turns equals a good value to the end consumer.

Paul
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/10/2011 at 16:27
Paul,

I came close to saying they are made by Nunya.

Tell Chris, he'll get a good laugh out of it.

Wink

Edited by Chris Farris - February/10/2011 at 16:28
Plange View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plange Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2011 at 10:31
LOL, I will tell him.
He now laughs at that.....Big Smile
Later,
Paul
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2011 at 11:00
Nice response Chris!

Not that there is all that much to add, but I will say this:  at this point I own four different models of Super Sniper scopes and I have been exceedingly happy with the performance of all four of them.

To put that statement in perspective, I have looked at just about every scope out there.  Typically more than once.

To answer the next inevitable question: what about the really fancy stuff? Premier Heritage, etc? how do the Super Snipers stack up with those?

They do not compete against each other.  Different market segments.  However, Super Sniper scopes routinely compete with and do well against similarly configured scopes that are 60% to 70% more expensive.  In order to get a serious step up, you pretty much have to go to the likes of Premier, S&B, Hensoldt, etc.

ILya
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2011 at 12:13
Originally posted by Mike McDonald Mike McDonald wrote:

More rumors about where these are made than about the Kennedy assassination.  All about as factual.
In the end it really does not matter............don't know what countries my " made in America"cars are manufactured/assembled in but I still drive them just fine.

This.

I've never, ever cared where or who makes the Super Snipers. All I know is they are an incredible value, provide excellent performance and backed up by the good folks at SWFA.

Beaudean View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Beaudean Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2011 at 14:03
If I recall correctly, I own optics by Nikon, old Redfield, Burris, Bushnell, Ziess, Weaver, Swift.... and I don't think I could tell you who or where any were made.  They could all be made by the same company for all I know.
My burning question is,  why won't SWFA honor the 110% Low Price Guarantee with the Super Snipers? Wink

BTW, I don't won a Super Sniper, yet!
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2011 at 14:14
Maybe cause they are the only seller of them.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
jonoMT View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonoMT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: February/11/2011 at 14:36
Originally posted by Beaudean Beaudean wrote:

My burning question is,  why won't SWFA honor the 110% Low Price Guarantee with the Super Snipers? Wink

Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

Maybe cause they are the only seller of them.

Couldn't individual employees within SWFA be asked separately for a price quote then...like they were each separate companies? There's gotta be some way to squeeze some value of out of these scopes. Big Smile
Reaction time is a factor...
TraderJack View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TraderJack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2013 at 04:07
I really don't care WHO makes them, as long as it's NOT the Ruskies or the Somalie pirates...
I'm getting one for my .308!
“I would rather be your friend, but if you are not interested in that, I am prepared to be a capable and efficient enemy.”

- Jeff Cooper

Guns and Whiskey
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2013 at 08:37
Originally posted by TraderJack TraderJack wrote:

I really don't care WHO makes them, as long as it's NOT the Ruskies or the Somalie pirates...
I'm getting one for my .308!

"You chose wisely..."
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
REP View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote REP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/21/2013 at 16:57
Originally posted by Kickboxer Kickboxer wrote:

Elves...

LOVE IT!!!
Enough is to much.
JLud View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JLud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2013 at 05:39
So what I take out of this thread is that I need to go capture some elves and force them into hard labor making scopes for me to sell. I'll start my own line of JLUD products.....now are elves found in caves or the end of the rainbow?
That thing on the left....my old ride, some days I miss her.
sucker76 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sucker76 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2013 at 09:35
I sure hope elves make them.  Isn't Santa an elf?
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2013 at 10:00
Elves can be found in caves and at the end of the rainbow.  The ones at the end of the rainbow are more difficult to catch and tend to already be wealthy so you should go for the ones in caves.
Bigdaddy0381 View Drop Down
Georgia peach

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bigdaddy0381 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2013 at 10:05
 So What if the elves are in a cave at the end of a rainbow? 
P&Z Firearms , Pro gun cleanings and gun repair and wood refinishing.

Ecclesiastes 10:2
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2013 at 11:06
I saw that question coming a mile away!!!Smile

SWFA is sole sourse for SS scopes.  Their sales staff is salaried and receive no commissions.

SWFA CS its good as it gets and are wonderful to work with!!!!

What more could you realistically ask for???
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/26/2013 at 19:04
If you need to tell someone you saved a buck get one off the Samplelist. It may be one that was only used for a photo op.
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic