OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

some cool pic’s of camo rifles

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: some cool pic’s of camo rifles
    Posted: December/29/2005 at 00:13

Been a pretty crazy month. I finally got a little break. Thought I'd post some pics of the cooler looking refinishes we've done lately: (ignore the bipods they are just on for the photos)

Joe

Edited by dilligaf
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2005 at 09:09

Ok, I have some naive questions, do you pull the scopes off  the rings or not when you coat this stuff on?  How do you keep this stuff from getting on the lens? 

Is one coating better for stainless steel than another?  Does curing affect plastic parts that seem to be finding their more and more into guns?

"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

Mithran View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mithran Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2005 at 11:13

Looks real good there Joe.  I need to send you my 1911.

Fight Smarter
Not Harder
bobo27 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobo27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2005 at 15:14
I have a friend that does this it's a cool process. Those look good I haven't seen those digital prints yet.
dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2005 at 17:32

Silver,

They are not naive questions.

Do you pull the scopes off  the rings or not when you coat this stuff on?    Yes, we remove the scope from the rings & the rings from the base (unless the customer request that we do not) Due to the fact that most of the rifles that we have come in with optics are usually precision tactical rifles we do not remove the base from the action (a lot have the base bedded to the action).

How do you keep this stuff from getting on the lens?  Rubber plugs or masking off.

Is one coating better for stainless steel than another?  The coatings we chose to apply all work equally well on all metals, wood, synthetics, or plastic's. Each coating has its strength's and weaknesses. 

Does curing affect plastic parts that seem to be finding their more and more into guns? Ambient ( or non bake) cured coatings will not affect plastic parts or optics. We use the ambient cured products on plastics, optics, electronics, & other parts that the high cure temp of thermal cured coatings will damage.

Any time you guys have a question about prep, application, curing, or the coatings themselves please feel free to give me a call or drop me a line. I'm more than happy to help with advice or recommendations on a do it yourself project.

Joe

bobo27 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobo27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/30/2005 at 07:13

Dilligaf, I seen you this morning on 249. Well atleast I saw your name written on the bottom of your tail gate. Anyhow I waved you were following me from around tomball area until we got on the freeway.

Do you work with or know Johnny Glueck?

Edited by bobo27
dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2006 at 09:51
Originally posted by bobo27 bobo27 wrote:

Dilligaf, I seen you this morning on 249. Well atleast I saw your name written on the bottom of your tail gate. Anyhow I waved you were following me from around tomball area until we got on the freeway.

Do you work with or know Johnny Glueck?

Wasnt me bro. I'm in Harrisonville, MO. You must have seen one of our stickers on a customers vehicle.

Joe

cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2006 at 11:54
Great looking stuff, Joe.

I'd really like for you to do something for my Glock 17 when work picks up. Gosh I'm broke!!
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
bobo27 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bobo27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2006 at 22:33
The guy had DILLIGAF on the lower part of his tailgate. Is DILLIGAF your company logo or something? That guy must have thought I was nutz. I was just a waiving at 5am in the morning. Congratz to him his truck was nice.
dilligaf View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dilligaf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/03/2006 at 23:31

Brother, DILLIGAF is an acronym I picked up in the Army. And was even a nickname I picked up in a platoon I was in. I never cared where I was sent or how sh*tty the conditions were.

Joe

Edited by dilligaf
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: January/04/2006 at 09:07
Originally posted by dilligaf dilligaf wrote:

Brother, DILLIGAF is an acronym I picked up in the Army. And was even a nickname I picked up in a platoon I was in. I never cared where I was sent or how sh*tty the conditions were.

Joe

Joe has a brother named DILLIGAS!! 

If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic