OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Tactical Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Weaver 3-15x50 FFP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Weaver 3-15x50 FFP
    Posted: March/16/2011 at 14:34
I would like to know if anyone has used and abused one of these. I'am on a budget and
this seems like a very good deal. Thank you
The only easy day was yesterday.
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2011 at 15:22
The problem with the Weaver and several others is their limited amount of internal adjustment.  I believe that one has 50 moa but you should check Weavers website to determine how much it has . half will be above zero and half below then make a balistic chart of your bullet and see if you will have enough adjustment to get how far out you are trying to get.

I do have two of the 3-9 Super Sniper FFP and they are a really tough combat ready scope.  I can understand wanting a higher power range and the new Viper PST scopes seem to be trying to meet that demand but  the really high end stuff  USOptics  S&B Heinsoldt Nightforce are still the best choice if you can afford them.  I cant so I shoot the 3-9 Super Sniper and the 10x HD Super Sniper.  We hope that sometime soon the SS line will have a higher power scope.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/16/2011 at 15:23
SPL11525 SWFA 3-9x42 SS Rifle Scope DEMO-B
Click to view SS39X42, Matte, FFP Mil Dot, 30mm
$499.99
SPL11047 SWFA 10x42 SS HD Riflescope DEMO-B
Click to view SS10X42HD, Matte, Mil-Dot reticle, 30mm, 0.1 MIL
$699.95

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
tabeast View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tabeast Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/18/2011 at 09:43
If I read the specs correctly, the Illum 3-5x50 FFP offers 100 MOA elevation travel.  Combine that w a 20 moa base, and that should range even a subsonic whisper out to the end of the rainbow, yes?  and it is mil/mil.  
lumberjack149 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumberjack149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 12:48
you need to clarify which model you are talking about.
The one 3-15x50 model is FFP, mil/MOA, 70 MOA of adjustment, basic mil dot reticle, no illumination. The other 3-15x50 is FFP, mil/mil, 100 MOA (close to 30mils) of adjustment, mil dot with half mark hashes (EMDR they are calling it).
There are few reviews on snipershide on it (make sure youre reading about the right one again), seems to get decent reviews, but havent been out long.
I would like to read a good review of the weaver vs. the new vortex 4-16 PST and see how they stack up.
or
P Smitty View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote P Smitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/22/2011 at 15:00
I do have the SWFA 3-9x42. Just thought that the 3-15x50 FFP looked like something to watch.
 If it doesn't get good reviews then, I mite just get the SWFA HD 10X42.

The only easy day was yesterday.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic