OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Hand Gun Or What!?!?!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hand Gun Or What!?!?!
    Posted: March/20/2011 at 15:24
OK guys I have gotten back into hand gun shooting, But I haven't shot many the newer one. Most of the ones I have shot we're pretty easy to adjust sights. Now is anyone familiar with the Taurus 24/7 Socom. It has sights I'm not use to adjusting. Before I try figure it out start taking things a part is there any easy way to " line it up" or should I just send back to Taurus. I' m pretty sure it  was not me shooting off  as was shoot other pistols that day hitting right on the mark. I was shooting about 10 to 15 yrds & hitting 2 ins left. Any ideas or input is welcome sorry if sounds like I'm running on. Just try to cover everything that happen.
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

If Guns kill people mine are all defective
hunterwingler View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/20/2011 at 19:06
Any kind infor to help get it line up ?
I wasn't upset about the black cat crossing my path this morning but mouthing "your fu@#ed" as he passed was just rude.

supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 09:29
I would let a few other people shoot it first.  2 inches is not much, that could easily be attributed to your finger placement on the trigger.  If you have to much finger on the trigger it will cause you to pull to the right.  
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 11:15

A buddy that was there shoot it also. he does hell a lot more shooting than I do and he shot the same IKD but i think i'll hold off on doing anything to it I do need to shoot it  more

SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 11:17

you could just tap the site to adjust it a very very small amount.Wink

Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 11:23
yeah  was thinking that to but would it  be the back or front sight?

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 12:01
back, can't really adjust the front
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 14:50
http://www.taurususa.com/gun-selector-results.cfm?series=247&toggle=tp
Looks to me like both sights ride in a dovetail.

(this shows sights alligned as pumpkin on a post but most handguns are sighted where the center blade fo the sight covers the target)

The rear sight moves in the direction you want impact to move or the front sight moves opposite the direction you want impact to move.  Take a acrilic hammer (light weight) and a punch and drift the sight a little to the desired direction or borrow a sight pusher.   

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 14:54
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

back, can't really adjust the front
on some guns
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hunterwingler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/21/2011 at 16:21
Thanks guys  Big Grin

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic