OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Demos, Displays and Trade-Ins > Samplelist.com
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

How bad are the Demo-C items?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_deerhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How bad are the Demo-C items?
    Posted: May/08/2011 at 18:17
I've noticed several decent scopes lately classified as Demo-C for good prices. They seem to stay on the list a long time - while the same scope classified as Demo-B sells for considerably more money. Is there something I'm not getting here? Is there a warranty issue with the Demo-C scopes on sample list? Are they really beat up? Are the pictures actual pics of the scopes for sale, or are they stock photos?

Just curious.

Gary
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/08/2011 at 21:22
Yes, the pictures are the actual item and they try to picture the damage if it is noticeable.

No, they are not beat up they are usually just light ring marks...

I'll tell you my personal story I got a scope that did not have enough adjustment they listed it as a B yet I never mounted it or even had it out of the box for longer than 4 or 5 minutes total, No joke.  They listed it for $600 less than what I paid for it.

Here it is...

http://www.samplelist.com/Swarovski-5-30x50-Z6i-Riflescope-DEMO-B-P2536.aspx

Edited by 338LAPUASLAP - May/08/2011 at 21:23
No one
silver View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2011 at 07:14
One way to find out...  I've been happy with the stuff I have gotten off of the sample list. 
"If we weren't all crazy we, We would go insane."   Jimmie Buffet

WWW.formitch.com

trigger29 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
X = 180 Y = 90 (X+Pyro)+(Y-Pyro) = ?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote trigger29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2011 at 08:23
I can't speak for the demo-c stuff, but I bought a demo-B scope off of there, and I would swear it is absolutely brand new.... I can't imagine the demo-c stuff being bad.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
lucytuma View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lucytuma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2011 at 09:59
I agree, Swfa is very conservative in their ratings.
"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." - Thomas Jefferson
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2011 at 17:04
And I believe you have a few days to return if your not satisfied!
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2011 at 20:34
Call and ask them about the item if you are not comfortable dont buy it but if you give them the opportunity to help you Im sure you will be completely satisfied.  The deals I have gotten off samplelist were very good quality at a great price. 

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Kickboxer View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kickboxer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/09/2011 at 21:36
Samplelist items are much better than the ratings.... at least in my experience.  I always look there first... (especially after RC got a Hensoldt off the samplelist and I had not been checking in a couple of weeks...)
Opinion,untempered by fact,is ignorance.

There are some who do not fear death... for they are more afraid of not really living
tjtjwdad View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tjtjwdad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/10/2011 at 00:01
I've bought several items off the sample list and their discription has always been spot on for me.  As mentioned, just call and ask, the staff is very helpful.

HTH
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2011 at 11:23
Did you end up getting your Sample List item.

And yes, it was the one marked Demo C that showed up close to NIB condition or Like New In Box...

No seriously though did you order???
No one
dr_deerhunter View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dr_deerhunter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/15/2011 at 14:40
I did order some stuff from the sample list, but it ended up being Demo-B items. It wasn't the "Demo-B" or "Demo-C" designation that made me change my mind, though. I'm hoping it arrives this week so I can do a comparison with some of the borrowed items I have been using. I'll let y'all know how it goes.
powderburn View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote powderburn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/23/2011 at 20:46
I would just take a look at the pics as they usually tell the tale. I have bought 3-4 items from the sample list and have always been very happy as the item was better than described or at least in my opinion. They even let me exchange one item when I decided I didn't care fore the reticule like I thought I would. I'm a big sample list fan.
ArtP View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ArtP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2011 at 14:14
I just received a "demo C" scope from The Sample List.  I was the lucky guy who bought a Conquest 3-9 for $299.

I'm very please with the scope!  There are two spots where the matte finish is VERY LIGHTLY scratched off from the previous rings.  My rings just may cover the marks, but if they don't, the scuffs are so small you'd really have to be looking for them to see them.  Also no "rubber band" style lens caps.

I would rate the scope a Demo B.  I'm very happy and would certainly buy another Demo C.  Thank you SWFA!!
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/16/2011 at 14:35
Excellent
02Silver View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 02Silver Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/20/2011 at 12:48
Samplelist is addictive...even when I am not really looking for one.  Never been disappointed.
Seamaster View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Seamaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/03/2011 at 23:28

Good things are flying off the Samplelist so fast, I did not have chance most the timeBandito

Bushnell 4200 Elite Tactical 3-12x44 Mildot illuminated
Bushnell 4200 1.25-4x24 4A illuminated
Minox ZA5 2-10x40 (sold)
Conquest 3-9x40 with Factory Target Turret
biggreen747 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote biggreen747 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2011 at 15:01
Ive gotten a demo B scope that I swear was NIB... I couldn't tell the difference. As for demo C items look closely at the photo. SWFA is a stand up company and I doubt would try to hide any damage. In fact the probably photograph so as to show any damage.
We measure it with a micrometer, mark it with a crayon, and cut it with a chainsaw.
dillon_h View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Woody

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dillon_h Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: December/29/2011 at 12:13
we try to rate the products so you get more than expected.

My wording on the Demo ratings.

Demo A: New In box never mounted never used hardly handled.
Demo B: POSSIBLE use. Extremely well taken care of. Hardly any noticeable defects.
Demo C: Item has been used, obvious ring marks or cosmetic blemishes.

Everything is cosmetic, we inspect each and every item that goes in the SampleList for lens problems or anything making the scope not useable or possible defects in function.

Give us a call and we will be glad to pull it off the shelf and inspect it for you and personally tell you what gives it the rating it has.

Edited by dillon_h - December/29/2011 at 12:45
Dillon@SWFA.com
Bronson90 View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Staff
TEAM SWFA - Staff
Stamp Collector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bronson90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: March/31/2012 at 12:10
I've purchased numerous Samplelist items over the years with many of them being classified as "Demo-C". With that being said I've never had any issues with any of the items...
--
Bronson
bronson90@gmail.com

military View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote military Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May/12/2012 at 12:08
I use them often and have never had any issues with them.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic