OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Please help new scope for new gun

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Please help new scope for new gun
    Posted: June/13/2011 at 03:47
Hello new to this forums and to the next step in my journey of learning about optics.  Well I've just got in my new AR platform the PWS MK-1 .223 round.  Application for possible competition shooting, range shooting and tactical CQB training.  Been to the range with it this week learning my iron sights with this new weapon and I love this gun.  Im interested in finding a perfect scope for this for my application but with my lack of knowledge and with friends of mine with similar platforms shooting mainly thru EOtechs they have very little knowledge on helping me pick out a scope.  I have a budget of roughly up to 1000$ if it is needed.  I want a scope accurate and clear to approx 400yrds.  I've read about Nikons 223 series and although less expensive as such scopes as swar, and ziess, would it be well worth it to get such a scope. Also next question is that I dont know what magnification to get up to I'm only guessing at a 4x12 zoom.  Any help or suggestions will be greatly welcomed.  Thank you ahead of time.Big Smile
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 07:10
This is all you need.  Don't bother looking farther.  Decide which of the two reticles you like best then if you want capped or exposed turrets.  Can be used on 1X (true 1X) just like an eotech but has the 4X which will give you precission when you need it.  It is by far the best 1-4 on the market today

SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope
Stock # - SSHD14X24T
  • Matte
  • First Focal Plane Illuminated T (Post/Mil-Scale)
  • 30mm
  • Rear Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • .10 Mrad
  • HD Model
  • Exposed Turrets
  • Submersible
  • Operating Temp. -5 - 160 Fahrenheit
  • 23 mils of total travel
$799.95 
Add SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope to Cart
More Details »

Optional Accessories :

Stock # - SSHD14X24D
  • Matte
  • First Focal Plane Illuminated Donut (Circle/Mil-Scale)
  • 30mm
  • Rear Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • .10 Mrad
  • HD Model
  • Exposed Turrets
  • Submersible
$799.95 
More Details »

Optional Accessories :

Stock # - SSHD14X24DC
  • Matte
  • First Focal Plane Illuminated Donut (Circle/Mil-Scale)
  • 30mm
  • Rear Focus
  • OK for .50 cal
  • .10 Mrad
  • HD Model
  • Capped Turrets
  • Submersible
$799.95 
More Details »

Optional Accessories:

SWFA SS 1-4x24 Tactical 30mm Riflescope Back to Top
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/13/2011 at 11:10
http://www.opticstalk.com/extensive-swfass-group-buy-incredible-savings_topic28845.html
Actually my preference is the Trijicon Compact ACOG TA442 for CQB but a lot of guys do run variable 1-4 scopes in competition and actual use. For use under 300 yds I dont see an advantage in tactical knobs but that changes when you get to longer distances so if you plan to shoot past 300 look strongly at the 3-9x42 Super Sniper.  (If I was going to go with a 1-4 Super Sniper I would pick the one with covered knobs so they dont get adjusted by accident) 

Edited by Urimaginaryfrnd - June/13/2011 at 11:17

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
Bobby Paul Doherty
Texas Ranger
Mach88 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mach88 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: June/14/2011 at 13:42
Thanks for all your help I recently picked up a kit#3 exposed turrets T redicle package. After countless of hours in. Reading articles and testimonies and with you tube videos from this forum and snipershide.com it help clear my mind on how great this scope will be for my application.I did like the circle illum. Reticle a bit more but with the kit being package so nice it was to good to pass up. Also with the extra savings on my budget I am considering another scope for my rem. 700 possibly the 3x9 or fixed 10 hd. I'll keep you all updated and possible field report with I get my new swfa 1x4 in. Once again great forum and fantastic information on optics. Thank you
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic