OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Bushnell Elite Tactical and Elite 6500?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bushnell Elite Tactical and Elite 6500?
    Posted: July/03/2011 at 13:09
Are these basically the same scope? Any differences in quality? I'm looking to replace the Sightron 4-16 Big Sky on my .22. I find that I do more bench shooting than squirrel shooting. This Bushnell looks like a more versatile option.

Elite Tactical 4.5-30

Elite 6500 4.5-30
Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2011 at 13:28
I really think you will have to call SWFA or Bushnell to find out the difference.  Bushnell just changed their line from having 4200 and 6500 to one category  all lumped under "Elite"   Actually I'm not entirely convinced that it is not the same scope with the 6500 being the older model and the
Stock # - BUSET4305 that is priced less being the newest production of the model.  But you should ask to be sure as they appear to me to be identical but with the
Stock # - BUSET4305  sounding like it is more up dated.
  • Matte
  • Mil-Dot
  • 30mm
  • Rainguard HD
  • Side Focus
  • Ultra-Wide Band Coating
  • Argon Purging Process
  • Comes with 3" Sunshade
  • Free Rain Suit Coupon

• "Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
    Bobby Paul Doherty
    Texas Ranger
    Urimaginaryfrnd View Drop Down
    Resident Redneck

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Urimaginaryfrnd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2011 at 13:31
    Could I inquire what 22 ammo you are having good success with as i have not been entirely satisfied with the 22 ammo I have been using lately.

"Always do the right thing, just because it is the right thing to do".
    Bobby Paul Doherty
    Texas Ranger
    FreeJersey View Drop Down
    Optics Apprentice
    Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/04/2011 at 15:04
    Thanks, I already sent an email to SWFA asking them. I'll see what they say. I'll place a call to Bushnell as well.

I have been having good results with the Wolf MT and great results with what I have left of my Lapua Center-X. The only problem I'm having with the Wolf is that it has been going supersonic on me. That certainly throws things off a little. I guess I should have gone with a 16" barrel instead of the 18".
    lumberjack149 View Drop Down
    Optics Apprentice
    Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lumberjack149 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2011 at 08:00

i second Wolf Match Target. I have been shooting in a rimfire comp over the last 5 months. I tried a few different brands of ammo and my rifle seemed to like Wolf MT the best. With my last 15 five shot groups, i am averaging 0.47" at 50yds (0.24" is my best and 0.79" is my worse).

One thing i want to point out is that the Wolf has a lube on the bullet. For my rifle, it is necessary to shoot 25 to 50 rds to get the barrel coated to get good consistent results. If i switch back to a bulk copper coated ammo and then switch back to Wolf, my rifle will shoot inconsistent flyers for the first 25 or so rounds (the flyers will open my normal 1/2" groups up to 1"+ groups). In general, the number of flyers and the severity of the flyers is greatly reduced with Wolf ammo. The only downside to Wolf in my bolt action rifle is it seems to have some problems with ejection every once in a while that only occurs with wolf.

edited for font size

Edited by tahqua - July/05/2011 at 13:30
    stickbow46 View Drop Down
    Optics Master Extraordinaire
    Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/05/2011 at 09:13

Same here very good results with Wolf MT,this is shooting out of a Savage MK ll with a 16" barrel.The most accuracy I get is with Elley black box & Tennex but it is cost prohibative to me.I also had good shooting with Federal Gold Match.

Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
    Optics Apprentice
    Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/06/2011 at 10:40
    Got a reply from SWFA.

They are very similar. However the BUSET4305is purged with Argon and has the ultra wide band coating.
    Both are matte black, have mil-dot reticle,30 mm tube, both have rain guard.
    Other than the purging they are very closeto being the same,
    Thank you,

Skylar McMahon
    SWFA Outdoors
    Optics Apprentice
    Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 15:45
    Argon purged, ultra wide band coating, and the one thing that actually sets them apart, the new model has 90" of adjustment instead of 50". I think I'm going to give one a try.
     Post Reply Post Reply
      Share Topic