OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

UTG scopes

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antivc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UTG scopes
    Posted: July/09/2011 at 17:20
why are the UTG scopes so low rated compared to other low end scopes like BSA,Leapers (same importer) and countless others? i bought the 3-12x40 and if it will keep holding  zero on my 5.56x45 bushmaster like it has the first 60 rd's i will have no complants. (tell me what i have yet to encounter)
3_tens View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Master
Optics Jedi Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 3_tens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/10/2011 at 18:05
Well it could be that in most of the marketing I can find, UTG is recommending them on air-soft rifles. Shocked
Folks ain't got a sense of humor no more. They don't laugh they just get sore.

Need to follow the rules. Just hard to determine which set of rules to follow
Now the rules have changed again.
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 11:04
UTG is effectively same crap as BSA, Leapers, etc.

If you stumble on one that works, keep using it.  

ILya
antivc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antivc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 11:15
so what your saying in essence is you do not know because you have no first hand experience with utg scopes. correct?
FreeJersey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 11:27
I believe this is what he is saying:
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

UTG is effectively same crap as BSA, Leapers, etc.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 11:39
Cheap chinese junk is cheap chinese junk.  No matter how you package it up.  They have a low price for a reason. 

Like ILya said if one works for you then keep using it.  When it breaks then you will understand why those of us who have wasted money on cheap chinese junk recommend better quality scopes.
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 11:40
Originally posted by antivc antivc wrote:

so what your saying in essence is you do not know because you have no first hand experience with utg scopes. correct?

I'd not think it wise (on here) to question Ilya's knowledge / experience. Baseball Bat

If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 12:04
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

I'd not think it wise (on here) to question Ilya's knowledge / experience. Baseball Bat

Ditto
antivc View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote antivc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 12:23
thanks for the comments people, i hope i did not offend anybody. this is what i can aford for now and it is working for now . will invest more when i can but will be enjoying my new bushmaster untill the cheap scope breaks. what would you people suggest i get for my bushmaster and keep both my arms and legs? keeping in mind i like to shoot targets 100yds out to 300 yds! thanks again!
FreeJersey View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote FreeJersey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 12:23
If people would read more and post less....
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 12:34
I would look at this if you are on a tight budget.  http://swfa.com/Vortex-2-7x32-Viper-Rifle-Scope-P11227.aspx

It is on close out so the price is very low.  It essentially will run with scopes in the $250 to $300 range.  I could not resist one at this price and like it a lot.  For the $150 it is an amazing deal for what you would be getting. 
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 13:18
Originally posted by supertool73 supertool73 wrote:

I would look at this if you are on a tight budget.  http://swfa.com/Vortex-2-7x32-Viper-Rifle-Scope-P11227.aspx

It is on close out so the price is very low.  It essentially will run with scopes in the $250 to $300 range.  I could not resist one at this price and like it a lot.  For the $150 it is an amazing deal for what you would be getting. 

+1
-Matt
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 15:22
I guarrantee that once you look thru that 2-7X32 Viper you'll shake your head in dismay at yourself for using theUTG!  I've got 2 of teh Vipers and like Supertool says they are every bit worth $250+ Vortex reformatted teh Viper line into two different lines and these are the predecessors priced way low...lucky us!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 15:31

thanks for the comments people, i hope i did not offend anybody. this is what i can aford for now and it is working for now . will invest more when i can but will be enjoying my new bushmaster untill the cheap scope breaks. what would you people suggest i get for my bushmaster and keep both my arms and legs? keeping in mind i like to shoot targets 100yds out to 300 yds! thanks again!

Not at all.  
We are a pretty friendly bunch here and if you are looking for scope advice, you've come to the right place.

On my experienced with UTG and other brands like Leapers et al.  Unfortunately, I have a lot more experience with all of these than I care to admit in public.  There are some decent inexpensive scopes out there.  Unfortunately, these are not among them.

Still, oftentimes spending just a little more can give you significant jump in performance.

How much are you willing to spend?  That is really the first thing you have to decide.  Set an upper limit to price and then look at your options.

ILya
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 15:36
Originally posted by 3_tens 3_tens wrote:

Well it could be that in most of the marketing I can find, UTG is recommending them on air-soft rifles. Shocked

I dunno if they could stand up to the massive recoil of shooting a plastic BB at 200 fps  HAHAHAHA.

OH yea, you get a real scope thats not made by the red commis and it will make that utg seem like you really got it out of a quarter machine.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 15:36
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Ditto

Oh, and as far as this goes: by all means question both my knowledge and experience.  It keeps me on my toes.

Besides, the nice thing about this forum is that we have a serious number of highly knowledgeable people all looking at this from somewhat different angles.

Between all of us here, we can usually come up with reasonable answers to most questions.

ILya

Edited by koshkin - July/11/2011 at 18:48
stickbow46 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stickbow46 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 15:42
Many have been brought to their knees by the DLO,including myself.+3 for the Viper 2-7,very good price at SWFA & a hell of alot better than Chineese cr-p.
Pearls of Wisdom are Heard not Spoken
stork23raz View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stork23raz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 15:46
Originally posted by koshkin koshkin wrote:

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Ditto

Oh, and as far as this goes: by all means question both my knowledge and experience.  It keeps in my toes.

Besides, the nice thing about this forum is that we have a serious number of highly knowledgeable people all looking at this from somewhat different angles.

Between all of us here, we can usually come up with reasonable answers to most questions.

ILya
 He is the glass man. There are alot of experienced shooters and really knowledgeable people on here. Then there are the newbys like me trying to follow them around and soak up their vast knowledge to increase our knowledge, shooting abilities, and general wisdom about all things that involve glass, guns, and cartridges.
And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 10:28
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 16:39
OH LORD!!!! Wink Smile Wink We're Parasites!!!

That is actually a good description of this Forum!Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/11/2011 at 16:44
Originally posted by stickbow46 stickbow46 wrote:

Many have been brought to their knees by the DLO,including myself.+3 for the Viper 2-7,very good price at SWFA & a hell of alot better than Chineese cr-p.

Woooh, you got on your knees before the dark lord?  Exactly what were you doing on your knees?   Wink

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic