OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

When you can have my guns.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote helo18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: When you can have my guns.
    Posted: July/18/2011 at 22:55
To be prepared for War is one of the most effectual means of preserving peace.

GEORGE WASHINGTON
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 04:22
I agree, although that guys first and last problem was, "it's a glock" Wink
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 12:59
Originally posted by shooter07 shooter07 wrote:

Oh, you mean it kept shooting until it ran out of ammo. I can see how that would be a problem..................NOT.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 13:44
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Oh, you mean it kept shooting until it ran out of ammo. I can see how that would be a problem..................NOT.
Roll on Floor Laughing
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 13:49

Well, in all fairness Lynn........................he's DEAD! Bucky

Plastic garbage, made for armchair commandos WinkBig Grin
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 14:08

Well, in all fairness Lynn........................he's DEAD! Bucky

Plastic garbage, made for armchair commandos WinkBig Grin
Well they have market share of the law enforcement market, and he's dead because he ran out of ammo, and not because it malfunctioned.
And that's combat tupperware for warriors, and I got your armchair,  shooterChair HitBeltFed
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 14:17
Lol, i'm just fooling around Lynn. I like teasing the glock die hards, they're easy to rile up! Get Your Popcorn Ready
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 14:22
Whatever from the Glock haters......

Yeah, if they used a 1911 in this pic, it would have malf'd with a half full magazine and instead the caption would read..."It's not the gun's fault! It's this stupid hollow point ammo....REALLY!!"
Wink    

ROCK THE GLOCKS!!! 
Head Bang

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 14:25
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Whatever from the Glock haters......

Yeah, if they used a 1911 in this pic, it would have malf'd with a half full magazine and instead the caption would read..."It's not the gun's fault! It's this stupid hollow point ammo....REALLY!!"
Wink    

ROCK THE GLOCKS!!! 
Head Bang

Like i said right above this post....glock diehards are so easy to rile up. Wink 
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 15:01

Lol, i'm just fooling around Lynn. I like teasing the glock die hards, they're easy to rile up! Get Your Popcorn Ready
Personnally, I hate Glocks. They have no soul. They're ugly and look like cheap Saturdaynight specials. They have no external manual safety, and they are not extremely accurate. That said, I can't argue with success. They are very reliable and easy to use. They are more than accurate enough for their intended purpose, and they are my go to pistol for most any antisocial activity in a social setting (translation: the gun I want, when I didn't know I was gonna get in a gunfight). Despite Glock's perfection they are not perfect, but they are way ahead of the perfect pistol.
I do like Smith & Wessons, they are classics and pretty, and I built my reputation on them.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 15:12
Oh, not doubt Glocks have earned their rep. I think they have the market corned because they put out a relatively cheap product (doesn't mean ineffective at all) and cost is what drives any department or business.

I personally think it's asinine that many departments don't allow their officers to choose what they carry. I mean they are so hellbent on safety and protecting their asses against law-suits, but the glock has the absolute minimum of safety measures, yet they are found EVERYWHERE in departments.

A pistol to me, is more about feel than a rifle is. I can tell you within 3 seconds whether or not i would carry certain pistols on me. If it doesn't feel right in my hands, i won't use it, i don't care how reliable. My Xdm 3.8 40 has never malfunctioned, outshoots my dads Glock 24 all day long and has less recoil, plus ergonomically it's not close (to me).

Glocks go boom 99.9% of the time and that takes a pistol very far. I don't care for them (like you) but i do respect their reliability.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 15:43

I personally think it's asinine that many departments don't allow their officers to choose what they carry. I mean they are so hellbent on safety and protecting their asses against law-suits, but the glock has the absolute minimum of safety measures, yet they are found EVERYWHERE in departments. 

Glocks go boom 99.9% of the time and that takes a pistol very far. I don't care for them (like you) but i do respect their reliability.

First, Glocks are one of the safest pistols out there, they won't go boom unles you pull the trigger. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER until your on target and ready to shoot.
Second, Glocks are economical not because they are inexpensive (they aren't), but because they have such a long service life. Our old S&W 6906s were wearing out after about 6 years of service and required a lot of routine maintenence. The Glocks are still going after 12+ years of service with no plans on replacing them.
Third, if a Glock doesn't go boom it is usually an ammo problem, abuse, improper use, or very poor maintenence and not a problem with the pistol as manufactured. I've seen or have knowledge of all of these.
As for officers choosing their own weapons, there are plusses and minuses for both, but that would be a whole new topic (like we haven't gone off topic already).
tahqua View Drop Down
Have You Driven A Ford Lately?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tahqua Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 15:57
Glock haters are such losersBig Smile
Doug
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 15:58
BF, i actually would love to know more about offivers picking there own sidearms.  Please share
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 16:02
Originally posted by tahqua tahqua wrote:

Glock haters are such losersBig Smile
Well, I'm a loser that proudly carries a Glock for a living.
I know, oxymoron, and I got the moron down pat.

Gotta go G, I'll address it later.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 16:10
I'll wait
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 16:17

First, Glocks are one of the safest pistols out there, they won't go boom unles you pull the trigger. KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER until your on target and ready to shoot.
Second, Glocks are economical not because they are inexpensive (they aren't), but because they have such a long service life. Our old S&W 6906s were wearing out after about 6 years of service and required a lot of routine maintenence. The Glocks are still going after 12+ years of service with no plans on replacing them.
Third, if a Glock doesn't go boom it is usually an ammo problem, abuse, improper use, or very poor maintenence and not a problem with the pistol as manufactured. I've seen or have knowledge of all of these.
As for officers choosing their own weapons, there are plusses and minuses for both, but that would be a whole new topic (like we haven't gone off topic already).

#1 point, that is true of any firearm and is basic training rule #1. I meant they're not as safe in the eyes of the court system, which loves to twist the arms of people in the line of duty when it comes to law suits. My Xdm has a palm safety and for that alone, i'd be better protected in an argument in court. It's the same game as lawyers telling you (rather civilians) not to use hand loads when carrying legally. I don't agree with it, but i've had multiple people with legal backgrounds give me that angle.

#2, Glocks are cheaper (buying cost, unless they're discounted more than others) compared to what most departments carry, at least the many cops i've talked to around the area, and country. You're not getting below Glock price wise if you're carrying an M&P, beretta, Sig or most of the popular brands out there. I agree 100% on the long lasting life though. Can't be argued.

I too would like to hear your take on the topic of choosing your own firearm for police work. I'm all ears/eyes for info from a good source Big Grin

Edited by shooter07 - July/19/2011 at 16:24
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 16:29

#1 point, that is true of any firearm and is basic training rule #1. I meant they're not as safe in the eyes of the court system, which loves to twist the arms of people in the line of duty when it comes to law suits. My Xdm has a palm safety and for that alone, i'd be better protected in an argument in court. It's the same game as lawyers telling you (rather civilians) not to use hand loads when carrying legally. I don't agree with it, but i've had multiple people with legal backgrounds give me that angle.

#2, Glocks are cheaper (buying cost, unless they're discounted more than others) compared to what most departments carry, at least the many cops i've talked to around the area, and country. You're not getting below Glock price wise if you're carrying an M&P, beretta, Sig or most of the popular brands out there. I agree 100% on the long lasting life though. Can't be argued.

I too would like to hear your take on the topic of choosing you're own firearm for police work. I'm all ears/eyes for info from a good source Big Grin

Different people have different opinions on palm safety.  It seems to irritate me, so I am no fan of the XD.  I suspect that i developed the dislike for the palm safety out of a general dislike for 1911s.

As far as safeties go, I am all for passive safety features, but really dislike safeties that need to be disengaged.  I only own one handgun that has it (CZ) and I wish I had a gotten a version with a decocker.

I learned to shoot with a Glock and it is still the gun I trust the most.  Of the semi-autos Sigs and CZs are more comfortable for me.

All that having been said, I have been shooting a lot of revolvers lately and since I bought this one, I've shot little else:

ILya
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 16:33
Now THAT is a damn fine revolver Ilya! Excellent

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
koshkin View Drop Down
Dark Lord of Optics

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote koshkin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: July/19/2011 at 16:41

Now THAT is a damn fine revolver Ilya! Excellent

Thanks.  It was a birthday gift.  To me.  From me.
Just for the record, this was as close to divorce as I ever got.

ILya
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic