OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Zeiss Diatal 8x56 *t

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mlv2k5 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Zeiss Diatal 8x56 *t
    Posted: August/03/2011 at 19:36
Has anyone used this scope? I have the opportunity to purchase one from an individual. The scope looks great and appears to be in excellent condition, but I really don't have any experience with Ziess products except for the conquest. What kind of price range should I be looking for in this scope and how does it compare to other scopes such as the swarovski american series or even compared to a conquest?

-Michael
Oldtrader3 View Drop Down
Optics Journeyman
Optics Journeyman

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Oldtrader3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/03/2011 at 23:13
Zeiss has been selling the Conquest scope in the US for about 9 years now.  The Diatal scopes are an older model even than the rubber objective coated Diavari scope that I bought in the early 1990's.  Other than that general information without pictures, you would have to ask Zeiss Optik when they made that particular scope based on S/N.
CDR3
Spion View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: October/17/2011 at 08:04
Hi,

I own this scope and have it mounted on my Remington 700 BDL Varmint Special (.308 cal). I bought the scope when I was stationed in Germany in the early 1980's. I believe mine has "reticle #3" (range estimation posts). This is an excellent fixed power scope and super quality. I have it mounted with an EAW quick-detach scope mount. The light gathering ability of the 56mm objective makes it particularly good for twilight shooting. I spoke with a German hunter who recommended it for the kind of deer hunting they do over there (stand shooting). It's also supposed to be good for fox hunting. I've only used it for informal target shooting.

I don't have any idea how much these are worth used. I found them new on-line for 1,248 EUR (about $1,700) from a German site, and for 895 GBP (about $1,400) from a British site. They are frequently called "Classic Diatal" scopes.

I'm knocking around the idea of selling mine (rifle and scope), and I'm also curious about how much they would bring.

Hope this helps.
"An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile hoping it will eat him last."
Winston Churchill
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic