OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Scopes > Rifle Scopes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Huskemaw optics, holy freak'in hell!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 15:39
I've always enjoyed the phrase, "With all due respect", since respect is earned - and you have earned exactly zero. So, with all due respect...

I think you are trying to sound intelligent and insightful, it isn't working.  Are you really asking me if I am coolaid?  And where Oakley came into this, I know not, but the point has been, from the beginning, name means far less than a tool's function for a given task.

I don't care what name is on a scope if the scope does what I need it do to.  Likewise, I don't care what name is on a scope if it does NOT do what I need.

We aren't talking about capitalism or feeling good, I began this thread to talk about a scope that made marketing statements that were inaccurate and disingenuous.

Thus far, your comments have made no salient point - and you've brought nothing of worth to the conversation.  What GMC and Oakley have to do with the conversation is tangential at best, more likely they are your preferred rants to make some point, but I'll be damned if it matters.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 16:08
Originally posted by Rancid Coolaid Rancid Coolaid wrote:

I've always enjoyed the phrase, "With all due respect", since respect is earned - and you have earned exactly zero. So, with all due respect...

And keep the change.....

PC....The clock is ticking on your stay here, Sir. 

Take a chill pill and quit acting like a troll, or you will be treated as such. 
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 16:11
"PC4life" --
Are you REALLY "pc4life" or an impostor?

Is there a particular reason you're repeating the same themes in multiple threads? Do you have a beef with someone in particular? Are you implying that OT members buy stuff based on perceived brand prestige or the need to impress others? What's the agenda here?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 16:29
He's typing his reply right now.......

I wonder how this all turns out. Whatever

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 16:31
Tick...tock...tick...tock.....Big Grin
Peddler View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Peddler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 16:37
Bang!!!
When you are dead, you don't know you are dead.It is difficult only for others.

It is the same when you are stupid.
pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 16:43
Na, I think all of these firearm and optics companies have done a wonderful job of capitalizing on the perceived difference between marketing and brand loyalty ~ separating the crowd with the crowd.

Saying that any equipment is only as good as the genetics of the eyes/brain behind them ~ not a good sales pitch.

That is where the outstanding sales genius's show their worth ~ gotta have the bling to mean anything in the world of long range shoot'n.

Fast talk, catchy lines and perceived koolness are the future in a tired "reality" driven market which is need something fresh ~ too bad "fresh" seems to be following the sheep.
supertool73 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
Superstool

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote supertool73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 16:50
You do know ~ means gay right. ;)
Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service don't mean a thing when your gun fails during a zombie attack.

"A Liberal is a person who will give away everything they don't own."
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 17:01
Originally posted by pc4life pc4life wrote:

Na, I think all of these firearm and optics companies have done a wonderful job of capitalizing on the perceived difference between marketing and brand loyalty ~ separating the crowd with the crowd.

Saying that any equipment is only as good as the genetics of the eyes/brain behind them ~ not a good sales pitch.

That is where the outstanding sales genius's show their worth ~ gotta have the bling to mean anything in the world of long range shoot'n.

Fast talk, catchy lines and perceived koolness are the future in a tired "reality" driven market which is need something fresh ~ too bad "fresh" seems to be following the sheep.

So, are you planning to keep reciting these same cryptic themes in every thread from this point forward, or are you planning to eventually crystallize your thoughts into salient points that directly relate to the topics being discussed?
Ted

Money can't buy happiness... but it's much more comfortable to cry in a Porsche than on a bicycle.
pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 17:12
Na, just saying what I think from day to day being an individual you may or may not understand ~ its a jeep thing.

I love capitalizing on the marketing business ~ love what you do never have to work a day in your life.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 17:18
Rancid Coolaid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rancid Coolaid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 17:35

Lucky for me, I don't sell optics.

You seem enthralled with the "crowd" and with your success at being somehow different - above it.  Truth be told, one of you wanders in a few times a year, flails around for a bit, then wanders out to be a hipster elsewhere; it's no big deal, you'll be gone soon.

I've looked at a few of your others posts, seems to be the same drivel.  As for the "bling", it is back to tools: right tool for the job.  There are no limit of mall ninjas and super secret squirrel commando delta black ops airsoft types who buy for name recognition, but they don't tend to stay around too long, they have the same 3 or 4 catch phrases that they think are cool, and once those are played out, they wander off somewhere else to use their catch phrases on a new bunch.

Not one scope I own is possessed for the purpose of impressing you - or anyone else.

I do find humor in your "fast talk, catchy lines" thing, since that seems to be about the depth of your contributions thus far.

Carry on.
Freedom is something you take.
Respect is something you earn.
Equality is something you whine about not being given.
pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 17:41
Rancid, So true.
Its all about the here and now, the fast fix ~ that why we don't have a chance with the new and next generation ~ as bugs says that's all folks.
RifleDude View Drop Down
EVIL OPPRESSOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RifleDude Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 17:48

Na, just saying what I think from day to day being an individual you may or may not understand ~ its a jeep thing.

I love capitalizing on the marketing business ~ love what you do never have to work a day in your life.

That's great and all... we all appreciate original thinking and folks loving what they do... but most people also tend to prefer conversing with folks who demonstrate the ability to engage in 2-way dialogue in good faith and who don't repeat the same cryptic references over and over again.
Ted

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 17:49
Ranging......
pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 17:54
Originally posted by RifleDude RifleDude wrote:

That's great and all... we all appreciate original thinking and folks loving what they do... but most people also tend to prefer conversing with folks who demonstrate the ability to engage in 2-way dialogue in good faith and who don't repeat the same cryptic references over and over again.

Yes, most times. We are taking marketing no, fast talk and chatter thought I would get into character ~ ask no questions I will tell you no lies.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 18:00
pc4life View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pc4life Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 18:05
Don't the thinking heads of state in the firearms and optics world like in the auto industry jump ship from time to time ~ fresh'n up old tired marketing to the "new" must have bling.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 18:25
Press check......

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/21/2013 at 18:27
Rules of Engagement #8. 

8.  SWFA's OpticsTalk forum is a peaceful community of like minded shooting, hunting and outdoors enthusiasts.  Open minded, logical, rational debates are healthy and welcome.  Close minded, agenda pushing, strong handed debates (bordering on arguments) to prove one's position or point simply for the sake of winning or to gain some perceived power are not welcome.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic