OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Other Optics > Binoculars
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Carl Zeiss Jenoptem 8x30 W

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Carl Zeiss Jenoptem 8x30 W
    Posted: August/26/2011 at 19:58
Hi all, 

I own a Carl Zeiis Jenoptem 8x30W binocular, serial 3519023 (1972), made in germany.

I would like to sell it and buy another one, but i don't know what is the right price range. I have seen some of them on ebay reaching 150 euros.

The problem of my binocular is that it has some mold inside that, however,
 doesn't affect a lot the view when using it. Here's a picture:

Is that a big problem?

The exterior looks good, the mechanics are fine, i use it sometimes and i don't think it has optical problems, apart the mold.

Here are some pictures:

What's the right price for this particular binocular?

Could you suggest me some new binoculars (that weight less than 0,5 kg as it is) to replace it and cost about the same?

Thank you very much and sorry for my english,

Rick

Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2011 at 20:30
Rick,

I am sorry to tell you, but the collector market purchases Jenoptems.  The mold is an issue to collectors and it can be expensive to remove.  I bought a pair of mold-free, excellent condition multicoated Jenoptem 8X30s for about 95 euro shipped to the US from UK.

I think you would be looking at 50-75 Euro for yours.  I am not an appraiser, but I do keep up on the online auctions for Jenoptems.

Without question, the Leupold Yosemite 8X30 would be an excellent replacement bin.  the Yosemites are similar in form and superior in performance to the Jenoptems.
-Matt
Rick85 View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rick85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/26/2011 at 20:41
Thank you very much Matt, that's what i need.

I thought to sell it to about 80 euros, so i think the price range is a bit lower. Do you suggest to sell it online?

Now i'm looking for the bino you are suggesting.

Thank you again.

Rick
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic