OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part IV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 80>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: OT Coffee House, Part IV
    Posted: August/29/2011 at 09:07
The old one is having post order problems, time to retire it, again.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2011 at 09:10
Hurricane screwed up the coffee house! Damnit Thumbs Down
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/29/2011 at 09:50
Sounds right.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2011 at 12:50
Damn women! it's all Irene's fault!

Always trying to knock us down! Cool
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2011 at 15:02
This is the third coffee house we've been thrown out of....................................................... Is some one trying to tell us something?
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2011 at 15:04

And each time the number of pages is getting less and less before we have it FUBARed

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2011 at 15:57
Time to ditch the coffee and grab a bottle, me thinks!! Boozer
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/30/2011 at 16:31
I'm off the next 2 days and i think a few captain and cokes are in my future. Excellent
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 06:19
Ah...the power of suggestion!  Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 06:51
I tell ya I just can't win for trying!!!!!

I got a whopping 3% raise two weeks ago.  Last week while I was on vacation SB&D had an unannounced lay-off and one of my friends unjustly got the axe.  Then management issued an edict that they had decided to close the CDIY complex the week of thanksgiving and the week of Christmas.  Everyone at CDIY (Construction & Do it Yourself Div ie Dewalt Industrila Power tools) would have to take a total of 6 furlow days without pay or burn their VAcation time.  I was also told that the pending promotions had been frozen.....Whoopie, there goes my salary adjustment!!!

So, lets do some math.....

3% raise issued in August instead of January.... effective raise for 2011 = 1%
6 furlow days out of 260 workdays = 2.31% pay reduction for the year. 
1% raise - 2.31% reduction = 1.31% loss of pay for 2011 and little hope of my promised promotion.
Inflation is in the doule digit this year and we're losing pay....go figure.

Remember, the Stanley management cut our pay 5% in 2008 during the B&D merger while at the same time giving themselves 200+% raises justified by the B&D profit numbers.  Since the merger SB&D has been hired several Directors and VPs, all with 6 figure salaries, stock options and perks...

Can anyone tell me what a "VP of Complexity Management" is?!?!?  (The latest Hire).
Not hiring one VP with 6 digit salary, stock options and perks would easily saved at least 10 of the people laid-off last week.

Inflation is in double digits this year so I'm wondering what kind of raise those thieves are going to give themselves this year while hamstringing the worker bees!

Hey Beltfed!!!  How hard is it to make my AR-15 full auto?!?!?!  I'm seriously thinking of going on a vertical hog hunt!!!!  Cencored

And Yes Earl...my Funk has returned, already, in spades!!!!! Soap Box

--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 07:15
Hate to hear that Bud.  Is the resume polished?
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 07:24
Bud, i'm sorry to hear they're screwing you over like that. I'm sort of with G on this one, you may just have to seek employment elsewhere (much easier said than done i know). I don't want to see those pricks get the best of you.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 07:37
Hey Bud, just a thought, leak this chit to the local paper send them an anonomous letter or something.  If they get the public after them maybe the workers will see a change.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 07:47
Anybody have any hunting plans for this year?
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 07:54
yeah its called thin out the dang slickheads  and start a management program! lol  we are covered up in does, only seen two bucks this year and both were in the 1-3yr old range.
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 07:58
You know, i was a bit skeptical about PA's antler restriction program put in place a handful of years ago but it's starting to really pay off. You're seeing fewer buck, but many more that make it 2 and 3 years and sport some very nice antlers. Couple that in with more people (like my dad) putting out food plots and it's paying off.

We've already got 2 nice 8 points roaming around on the trail cams. I'm sure there are a couple of others that haven't popped up yet.
Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

-Chris Moltisanti
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 07:58
Thats okay G.  Does are better eating and since I couldn't afford a mount anyway.....
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 08:02
1)  My resume is a brightly shining turd baking unnoticed in the sun....

2)  Several local paper articles have had seemingly little impact.  (management is now in MASS.

3)  Just about every technician here and over half teh Electrical Engineers are currently job shopping.  For techs there is very little that doesn't require Security Clearance and working for the Feds.  If you don't have an active Clearance it takes months to get one.

4)  SB&D management is already under at least 3 different lawsuits for undermining and destabilizing the companies stability,  Giving themsleves huge unprecidented raises while docking the pay of the rest of the corporation, all while net profits were down 34% from previous years.
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 08:03
Think you could get another member here to help you get that security clearance  issue resolved? Worth a shot!
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 08:04
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

yeah its called thin out the dang slickheads  and start a management program! lol  we are covered up in does, only seen two bucks this year and both were in the 1-3yr old range.

LOL for a minute there I thought you were offering to help me fix the corporation....until I remembered you refer to Does as slickheads!!! Hippie
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 80>
  Share Topic