OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part IV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 80>
Author
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2011 at 10:07
Yes
I think I'm ready for herBaseball Bat
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2011 at 10:22
lol,  play nice.  She's your family, you got to love her but you ain't got to like herWink
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2011 at 10:40
Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

lol,  play nice.  She's your family, you got to love her but you ain't got to like herWink
This is true, but it does't mean I can't keep the sheriff's office phone no. next to my phone, and a can of OC in my pocket.

I've also been practicing 3 different tones of "Get Out", just in case. Since food is involved I don't think there will be any problems until she is through feeding, which should take most of the day.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/23/2011 at 11:43
Excellent
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2011 at 08:30
Sibling love...at its finest!!! ExcellentExcellentExcellent

Enjoy your Turkey day Lynn!
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/24/2011 at 18:56

Thats awesome.  bear is some good eating too if you know how to fix em'   And knowing how you love to eat I bet you know how to fix em'
You get any pictures Bud?

FInally got these two... Better pictures coming from his buddy later

This one is 160lb and from last year.  Kyle Hubble is on the left and Dustin is on the right

This is this year 110lb young Sow.  So for the blurriness, its a cellphone picture.
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

pyro6999 View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
OT TITAN

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pyro6999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/25/2011 at 13:58
good afternoon friends. figured i would stop in a say hello. ive been really enjoying my time working in the bakken formation of northwest north dakota. i really love it up there. ive seen moose, white-tail,mulies, as well as tons of yotes and red fox. not to mention the countless pheasants and grouse. im enjoying the rolling hills and no trees. hope you are all doing well. drop me a pm some time if you get bored.Big Grin
They call me "Boots"
375H&H Mag: Yeah, it kills stuff "extra dead"

343 we will never forget

God Bless Chris Ledoux
"good ride cowboy"
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/26/2011 at 07:16
Hello and happy belated Turkeyday Hunter!  Glad your lovin the new work location it sounds wonderful!  Hope it becomes a steady and permanent thing!  That being said we've missed ya brother and I bet your boys and Aubrey have too! I hope all your family is doing well this Holiday season!
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 07:45
GOOD Morning all!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 09:28
Mornin allCoffee
What a holiday weekend! Survived Thanksgiving day without even a fight or a killen, but came close; Thanks dad. Had a good trapshoot, even in the rain. Got to see a friend of mine that lives in Ga. and is getting ready to go to Asskrackistan for 6 months. Started raining, AGAIN, Saturday night, and hasn't stopped, and they are starting to say the F-word around here. The bridge at KCR is under water, and I haven't been able to get to the range.

How was your weekend?
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 10:12
Good, to short as usual.  Shot a doe Saturday afternoon.  Weighed in at 137#'s, old deer, only had about 4 teeth left but had more fat on her than I've ever seen on a deer.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 10:30
Mornin G. So you got some good eatin with that doe. The season's over here for modern gun, so I'm done (not that I ever went out). The weather here sucked all season; high winds or rain, and there was still abunch of deer taken. I just didn't feel like hunting this year.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 10:34
I dont' know if you call what i did on her hunting or not.  I walked out on my front porch with the dog and saw her about 250ish yards away, went back in and got the rifle and got in to about 200 yds on her and took her down.  I've had a lot of folks wanting deer meat lately and if it had not been for me having people to get the meat I would have let her keep walking.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:05
CRAP! I know I said I wouldn't complain about the weather, but we have had record rainfall this year. It has rained here sincw Sat. night, and it's not supposed to stop till Wed. morning. The local media is using those 3 nasty F words; FLOOD and FLASH FLOOD. I've been damp since I got to work, and I need Kb's heated insoles.
Rant over.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:07
You call that a rant?!?!?  Sheeze, I KNOW you can do better!!! Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:08
Big GrinWant me to get Bud a plane ticket to come see you  so he can snuggle and keep you warm?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:08
 I think I could get used to that kind of hunting!  Never have to leave the front porch and only put down the coffee long enough to pull the trigger!!!! Cool
--Thomas Jefferson

budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:10

Big GrinWant me to get Bud a plane ticket to come see you  so he can snuggle and keep you warm?
LOL...I can't imagine what that would do for his disposition!!! Bucky
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:21

I'll let you know Wednesday afternoon.
I must say, that it is very nice of you to offer to pay for Buds plane ticket to come and visit me. However, this is cattle country, and we don't have any sheep for Bud, and I don't think you are generous enough to pay for Bud's favorite sheep to fly here with him.
I am very touched by such a generous offer, but I have to think of Bud too. I know (not really) how much Bud would miss his sheep, and I just couldn't put him through such anguish.
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:28
I'd be fine as long as I get to blast something!  Even if we have to wade to the range!
--Thomas Jefferson

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7172737475 80>
  Share Topic