OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

OT Coffee House, Part IV

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 80>
Author
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 12:31
Originally posted by BeltFed BeltFed wrote:

Originally posted by SVT_Tactical SVT_Tactical wrote:

Big GrinWant me to get Bud a plane ticket to come see you  so he can snuggle and keep you warm?
I'll let you know Wednesday afternoon.
I must say, that it is very nice of you to offer to pay for Buds plane ticket to come and visit me. However, this is cattle country, and we don't have any sheep for Bud, and I don't think you are generous enough to pay for Bud's favorite sheep to fly here with him.
I am very touched by such a generous offer, but I have to think of Bud too. I know (not really) how much Bud would miss his sheep, and I just couldn't put him through such anguish.
You'd have to subsititute for the sheep, thats a condition of his visitBucky
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 13:08
Repeat after me Lynn...... your a BAHAHAHAHDDD boy.... Devil
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 13:29
G, forget the plane ticket. Bud needs his sheep, and I just couldn't bare to part him from them.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 14:09
sure thinking of bud huh!
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 14:27

sure thinking of bud huh!
 Yep, you bet, only thinking of Bud and his sheep, that's all.

Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 14:33

Smart move, cover your ass in more than one way !Wink

Your pretty savy on glock aren't you?  I got a model 30, 45, barrel bulged on it shooting factory winchester ammo..... To the exent the slide won't go past the buldge, Glock said to call winchester and make them pay for a new barrel, that or pound sand and come up with 125 for a new barrel,  Any ideals?
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 15:05
Contact Winchester with the lot number of the ammo you used, and inform them of what happened. They may have a bad batch in that lot, and may already be aware of it, or would like to know. See what Winchester has to say. I would also call Glock back and get contact info for your areas sales rep. and make contact with him. You may get better results from the rep., at least he can give you a better idea.
What happened to cause the barrel to bulge? Was it your fault? Did you fail to check the bore before firing with a barrel obstruction? Was it the ammos fault with excessive pressures? Was it Glock's fault with a crappy pistol?
Barrel bulges are usually caused by bore obstructions, and that would be the shooters responsibility under warrenty.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 15:33
It was not a barrel obstruction.  I had been shooting the ammo in my 1911 and the glock  Was on the last few rounds of the box and I could tell when I shot it something wasn't right, was halfway through the clip, much louder report, powder residue on my hand too.  Slide wouldn't come all the way back but did enough to eject the casing,  I looked through all the casings I could find but couldn't locate one that was split or missing a primer. 
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 15:44

It was not a barrel obstruction.  I had been shooting the ammo in my 1911 and the glock  Was on the last few rounds of the box and I could tell when I shot it something wasn't right, was halfway through the clip, much louder report, powder residue on my hand too.  Slide wouldn't come all the way back but did enough to eject the casing,  I looked through all the casings I could find but couldn't locate one that was split or missing a primer. 
Save the box and contact Winchester.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 15:46
Will do.  I tried to locate a match or something an armorer would be at locally but didn't turn up any luck, the few similar cases I have found on thet net all said they went to a match were a armorer was and they replaced them no questions asked.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 15:53
Try a Glock match.
GSSF are Glock sponsered matches. I think you may be able to find them on Glock's Web site.

Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/28/2011 at 16:05
I'll look again.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 08:20
Morning all
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 09:01
Mornin allCoffee
Well it's not raining, but it is very cool, and my feet are cold. Other than that....................

CRAP! G, I forgot to bring the buisness card for a Glock rep. that I think lives in your area. He taught my last armorer's course, and I think he said he was from S.C..
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 09:04

man that'd be awesome if you can get me his number.  I won't have time to mess with it today anyway, heading out after lunch to go pig hunting, suppose to be a hot spot, we will see.  They have game cam pictures of one thats pushing 500lbs they estimate and last weekend a 13 yr old girl got a 325#er from the same area.  I doubted them till they started showing me pictures and videos. 

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 11:25
Mmmmmm, pork tenderloins, aarrghhaaa.
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/29/2011 at 11:32
This guy traps them too, said he had a big one in the pin last week that had a nasty attitude and was charging them as they tried to get in there for the kill.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2011 at 08:41
Mornin allCoffee
G, did you pop a pig? If you did, did you use a PM?
budperm View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard
show me your sheep!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote budperm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2011 at 09:24
Such personal questions!!! Smile
"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading".
--Thomas Jefferson

BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: November/30/2011 at 09:35
Mornin Bud.

How'd your Turkey day go?
Did you stick to your diet?
That's about as personnal as I wanna get for NOWWink
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7273747576 80>
  Share Topic