OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Everything Else > Almost Anything Goes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

College football thread 2011

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
Author

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: College football thread 2011
    Posted: August/31/2011 at 17:23
Well, it's that time of year again. I have a "mild" interest in the University of Florida program, as some of you know. Big Grin

Where's your team ranked, where they ending up and let's talk college football!! 

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUMMMMBLE!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!   
If at first you don't secede...try..try again.
Steelbenz View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
ROLL TIDE ROLL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Steelbenz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 17:30
Roll Tide!  Even if my seats are in the nose bleed section.
"Don't argue with a fool! From a distance you can't really tell who's who!"
cheaptrick View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 17:37
Originally posted by Steelbenz Steelbenz wrote:

Roll Tide!  Even if my seats are in the nose bleed section.

Hey, Dude!! 
I thought of you yesterday as I rolled down I-20 West bound yesterday and went by a big ass sign that said "Dreamland", in route to TX.

Trent Richardson is running for the Heisman this year, no doubt. You know I've always thought he was as good as Ingram. Wink  
Scott S View Drop Down
Optics GrassHopper
Optics GrassHopper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scott S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 17:55
Hail State! We're starting at #20 and we'll finish in the Top 15 like last year. I think we have another 8-4 season, or a 9-3 with some luck, and a bowl victory again.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 18:16
Originally posted by Scott S Scott S wrote:

Hail State! We're starting at #20 and we'll finish in the Top 15 like last year. I think we have another 8-4 season, or a 9-3 with some luck, and a bowl victory again.

Your team is playing in the toughest conference in the nation, but you got a REALLY good coach in Dan Mullen.  Wink
If Sip State were in ANY other conference other than the one they are in, your record would be substantially better. 

Your toughest games are at home.  
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 18:24
    Whistling
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 18:32
Mr. Luck gonna have another stellar year, Mike? 
Who's Stanford's biggest competition besides Oregon this year?  
Monster View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Monster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 18:55
Originally posted by cheaptrick cheaptrick wrote:

Edited by Monster - August/31/2011 at 18:56
"Get Busy Livin' or get busy dyin'" -Red (Shawshank Redemption)
coyote95 View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coyote95 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 19:20
I have invested interest in MSU per say. My youngest daughter started her freshmen classes today. I also purchased her season tickets. what we do for are childrenSmile 

Edited by coyote95 - August/31/2011 at 19:28
"Life is like riding a bicycle . To keep balance you must keep moving" Albert Einstein
scooter65 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 19:35
Originally posted by coyote95 coyote95 wrote:

I have invested interest in MSU per say. My youngest daughter started her freshmen classes today. I also purchased her season tickets. what we do for are childrenSmile 
ahem ahem... you roll right thru brighton on your way... slow down a tad so i can jump in the car!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 19:40

May we assume that is Michigan State, my friend? Wink
"For the children"!!  Excellent

Exciting year in the Big 10 this year, as well. New coach in The Big House and 'Braska is now part of that storied conference too. 
Mich. QB Denard Robinson might have an excellent year as well. He should be fun to watch. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 19:42
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

Oh really?!?!?!? Shocked  
shooter07 View Drop Down
Optics Jedi Knight
Optics Jedi Knight
Shooting Sprout

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote shooter07 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 19:56

Over/under on Joe Pa dying on the sidelines? I give him 2 more years.

Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum

"Issac Newton invented gravity because some asshole hit him with an apple"
-Chris Moltisanti
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 21:31
Originally posted by Monster Monster wrote:

Mouth Taped Shut
“A hunt based only on trophies taken falls far short of what the ultimate goal should be.” – Fred Bear
Bitterroot Bulls View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bitterroot Bulls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: August/31/2011 at 21:58

MSU!
MSU!

Yeah go Cats go!

Oh you weren't talking about my team?  The Montana State Bobcats of the Football Championship Subdivision? 

Maybe I am the only FCS fan around here.  Montana State and the University of Montana have two of the top-ranked FCS teams in the country (and a fanatical rivalry), and we love our football too!

The Cats open their season tomorrow against Utah.  It would be awesome to pull off a win against a big BCS school.  They did it by downing Colorado in 2006.

Edited by Bitterroot Bulls - August/31/2011 at 22:00
-Matt
mike650 View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike650 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2011 at 01:14

Probably some team east of the Mississippi that they'll be playing in the National Championship Game.   Big Smile

Edited by mike650 - September/03/2011 at 18:53
bugsNbows View Drop Down
Optics God
Optics God
bowsNbugs

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bugsNbows Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2011 at 06:20
Mark, I'm afraid this rebuilding year may be tough for the Gators. I'll still be cheering them on though (daughter and SIL have yearly seats). I expect Bama to be very good this year... which is fine by me too.  Devil
If we're not suppose to eat animals...how come they're made of meat?
               Anomymous

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2011 at 06:42
Originally posted by Bitterroot Bulls Bitterroot Bulls wrote:

Yeah go Cats go!

Oh you weren't talking about my team?  The Montana State Bobcats of the Football Championship Subdivision? 

Maybe I am the only FCS fan around here.  Montana State and the University of Montana have two of the top-ranked FCS teams in the country (and a fanatical rivalry), and we love our football too!

The Cats open their season tomorrow against Utah.  It would be awesome to pull off a win against a big BCS school.  They did it by downing Colorado in 2006.

Rock on!!  Yippee
This is a college football thread. BCS teams be damned! Rep yo team, Dude! Whoever they may be!   Super
scooter65 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote scooter65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2011 at 06:50
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

Mark, I'm afraid this rebuilding year may be tough for the Gators. I'll still be cheering them on though (daughter and SIL have yearly seats). I expect Bama to be very good this year... which is fine by me too.  Devil
Even a bad year for the Gators is better than 99% of the rest of college football.  Have they really had a bad year in the past 2 decades? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cheaptrick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/01/2011 at 07:09
Originally posted by bugsNbows bugsNbows wrote:

That's what I'm seeing too, Ric. You seen the gauntlet, er schedule? Hung
Bama at home, then on the road to LSU, then Auburn and then a bye, then Georgia, (who I think will be much improved this year, despite loosing A J Green), The Doors, then on the road to South Carolina.  Whacko 

Tennessee will be better this year too, I think. They have a gutsy leader in QB in Tyler Bray and are getting their swagger back. 

GA will play better this year too. Mark Richt's job is on the line.  

Well, this will be make it or break it for Florida QB John Brantley. I always said he would be a star, so now that they have installed a pro style O, we shall see. 

Texas won't have a melt down like last year either. OK looks dominating. Florida State is gonna roll this year too.  Cencored

The future QB of the Gators will be this guy. 

Saw him play in the Under Armour All America game and this kid has got a gun for an arm!! 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 5>
  Share Topic