OpticsTalk by SWFA, Inc. Homepage SWFA     SampleList.com
Forum Home Forum Home > Firearms, Bows, and Ammunition > Firearms
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Million Dollar Colt - article by D-Bag Bruce Felps
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Visit the SWFA.com site to check out our current specials.

Million Dollar Colt - article by D-Bag Bruce Felps

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Million Dollar Colt - article by D-Bag Bruce Felps
    Posted: September/21/2011 at 11:04
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/weird/Colt-Handgun-Fetches-Nearly-1-Million-130221263.html

Colt Handgun Fetches Nearly $1 Million

Complete auction lots garner $3.28 million

Colt Handgun Fetches Nearly $1 Million

Tuesday, Sep 20, 2011  |  Updated 4:15 PM CDT

Heritage Auctions

The revolver is the finest known surviving example of Samuel Colt’s first revolver, produced by the legendary gunsmith in Paterson, N.J. in 1836, according to Heritage Auctions.

Someone identified only as “Silicon Valley mogul” certainly has a thing for rare handguns.

Mr. or Ms. Mogul won a Heritage Auctions, well, auction Sunday and holstered an 1836-vintage Colt revolver for a cool $977,500

The bid set a world record for an auction price paid for a single firearm, according to the Heritage press release, and who’s to argue?

The entire package of four lots of near-mint — there’s the key — Colts, part of the Al Cali Collection [shrugging shoulders], fetched $3.28 million.

The set included a Colt Blah-Blah, a Colt Mumble, a Colt What’s-it, and a Colt Thingy. Hey, what do I know from guns?

Anyway, the auction proved, according to Greg Martin, president of Arms & Armor at Dallas-based Heritage Auctions/Greg Martin Auctions, that, “Prices like these, which show that craftsmanship, rarity, beauty, and historical importance bring a true premium, also show that serious buyers know that pieces like these are real investments, certain to appreciate in value as the years progress, and certainly worth serious consideration when it comes time to bid.”

Here’s wishing that all handguns cost so much.

Bruce Felps owns and operates East Dallas Times, an online community news outlet serv

Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 11:16

I can't believe this is a Dallas reporter.  I wish he would have actually reported on the auction and details of the firearms instead of pushing his anti gun agenda.

"Here’s wishing that all handguns cost so much."
SVT_Tactical View Drop Down
Chief Sackscratch

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SVT_Tactical Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 11:26
When do you pick it up Chris?Bucky
338LAPUASLAP View Drop Down
Optics Master
Optics Master

Scope Swapper

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 338LAPUASLAP Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 11:35
Now that is proper Care I want to know how they kept it in that shape all those years.

I am just wondering what products they used to have it keep its original finish and luster.
No one
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 12:19
Originally posted by 338LAPUASLAP 338LAPUASLAP wrote:

Now that is proper Care I want to know how they kept it in that shape all those years.

I am just wondering what products they used to have it keep its original finish and luster.
Humidity and temperature controlled vault.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
BeltFed View Drop Down
Optics Retard
Optics Retard

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BeltFed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 12:24
Originally posted by Chris Farris Chris Farris wrote:

I can't believe this is a Dallas reporter.  I wish he would have actually reported on the auction and details of the firearms instead of pushing his anti gun agenda.

"Here’s wishing that all handguns cost so much."
 I bet if he was about to be robbed, raped, and/or murdered, he'd be willing to spend a million for a handgun.
Life's concerns should be about the 120lb pack your trying to get to the top of the mountain, and not the rock in your boot.
Chris Farris View Drop Down
TEAM SWFA - Admin
TEAM SWFA - Admin
swfa.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Farris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 14:32
His entire article was a jab at guns and gun owners.  I want to find out where he lives and put a sign like this in his neighbors yard.

ebow86 View Drop Down
Optics Apprentice
Optics Apprentice

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ebow86 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 16:11
Very interesting article, thanks for sharing it.
billyburl2 View Drop Down
Optics Master Extraordinaire
Optics Master Extraordinaire

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyburl2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: September/21/2011 at 20:00
You find out where he lives, and I will buy the sign...
If it is tourist season, why can't we shoot them?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic